Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lab Results

This thread was started on 1-13-2013. After a year and a half the expected information should be available by now.

Jon.

As of Dec 15, 2014, Why has dry weight and daily fluid removal taken from the Health Portal? Also my blood pressure at beginning and end of dialysis is important to see each day. That has been removed also. My Davita is getting less useful. I need to see my fluid removal and blood pressure results each day at Dialysis.

I concur with most of the posters regarding labs. Most other online medical services allow patients to see their labs and history of their labs. While the green yellow red colors are nice for a quick glance, they are not critical. Also, instead of a graph of dry weight goals, just list a number and the history. The graph between y-axis tick marks are 2.5 lbs (or ~ 1kg) - the visual does not help.

The history and current values of all labs (not just the critical few) is helpful to caregivers and to other medical people. Let's get this updated and get with the times.

I notice that this thread has been going on for sometime (years). The majority is the lab results we are able to see. The site says to call the dialysis center for more information, but that is inefficient solution. The reason I like the health portal is the paperless, up-to-date, virtual access it provides. However, if the information is not available then the portal is not of real good use, and will not be used as much as it should be. When I called the Davita center to ask how to get more results I was told that they think I might be the only one at this center that even uses the site. This is not a good thing for Davita, as one of your marketing strategies throughout all the documents we received when first arrived at Davita was the integrated network. If the network does not encompass the entire network it is ineffective. Our nephrologist tells us what lab results to watch, and a few things they look at for progress or decline. For example, creatinine level is watched. Well that is not on the lab results here. The results that are available to view some are good like phosphorus, sodium, potassium, and a few more, but there are some that seem less important to have up than others. That being said why not make all of them accessible like other health portals?

Do you get notified via email when your Lab Results are updated? (I have the Lab Results box checked)
    Do you have any contacts that could help me start to get this type of notification?
    The developer's are even involved at this point with no success after almost 2 months.
    Sorry this isn't kidney related, but at this point I am just trying to get someone's attention to help me with my NON email notification issues.
    I am hoping a well connected or experienced user can get this to the powers-to-be at DaVita.
    I have failed.
    Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help me.

Hi, junkxstuff2! I reached out to our Help Center and they said that it does appear that you are correctly subscribed to receive notifications. Therefore, they are looking into if there is an anomaly with their specific account which could be causing an issue. Stay tuned, and they will reach out to you through the Help System. Thank you for your patience!
    Quote Originally Posted by junkxstuff2 View Post
    Do you get notified via email when your Lab Results are updated? (I have the Lab Results box checked)
    Do you have any contacts that could help me start to get this type of notification?
    The developer's are even involved at this point with no success after almost 2 months.
    Sorry this isn't kidney related, but at this point I am just trying to get someone's attention to help me with my NON email notification issues.
    I am hoping a well connected or experienced user can get this to the powers-to-be at DaVita.
    I have failed.
    Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help me.

Hi, JShumway! Currently, the values on the Lab Results page in the Health Portal reflect the values available on the Nutrition Report in your center. For future product releases we are considering making the full panel of results available. Thanks for this great feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by JShumway View Post
    I notice that this thread has been going on for sometime (years). The majority is the lab results we are able to see. The site says to call the dialysis center for more information, but that is inefficient solution. The reason I like the health portal is the paperless, up-to-date, virtual access it provides. However, if the information is not available then the portal is not of real good use, and will not be used as much as it should be. When I called the Davita center to ask how to get more results I was told that they think I might be the only one at this center that even uses the site. This is not a good thing for Davita, as one of your marketing strategies throughout all the documents we received when first arrived at Davita was the integrated network. If the network does not encompass the entire network it is ineffective. Our nephrologist tells us what lab results to watch, and a few things they look at for progress or decline. For example, creatinine level is watched. Well that is not on the lab results here. The results that are available to view some are good like phosphorus, sodium, potassium, and a few more, but there are some that seem less important to have up than others. That being said why not make all of them accessible like other health portals?

I totally agree with the last post, plus Id like to add the results provided are often old and out of date so they make the information provided useless. I watch these results often but become very frustrated at the old information that has become useless. Help us out here. We try to keep up with our condition and DaVita makes a small effort to provide us with the info we need, but as I said above, the info is too dated and incomplete.

Thank You CaitlynAtDaVita for pushing this forward for me.
    Fingers Crossed (X X) that they can figure it out.
    PS: I was not notified that you had posted a reply to my original forum entry.
    Should I have been?
    If I should have been notified in some way of your reply, maybe this fact adds more information to the debugging effort.
    Thanks Again.

You are welcome! In order to receive e-mail notifications, you simply need to click the yellow box at the top of this forum thread that says "Subscribe to This Thread." Thank you again, and I hope that we can get your health portal issues resolved asap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123