Subscribe to this Thread…

Online lab results

I'm trying to understand why the lab results available through MyDaVita are incomplete. Could someone from DaVita please tell us why we can't access the complete lab report? Our DaVita nurse was as surprised as we were by the lack of the complete results.

Also, what should we expect in terms of seeing lab results here online after the blood is sent to Orlando??

Hello everyone,

Before the forum was officially upgraded/merged/incorporated with the My DaVita portion of the website, the forum had its fair share of problems but the biggest was lack of moderation and forum maintenance, so we had to help one another and work around all the little inconveniences. We were told some time ahead that upgrades would be coming and they asked us at the time for our suggestions..... many of us participated because we had spent many hours donating our time here helping, sharing with others and we all probably believed that the upgrades would bring great things, including a streamlined forum, maintenance and regular moderation.

If you have a problem with this site, especially for important issues like your lab results and whatever else may be inside the health portal, help MaHubs out by speaking up and you may reap the benefits of a nice set of lab results that you need versus what you are getting now. Because if you do not get involved, nothing here will change. If you don't believe me, look at all my posts in the troubleshooting and improvement section of this site and see how few of my issues have been resolved by our moderation team and how many are still not fixed since the upgrades. One person can make a difference but it is much easier when you have the support of others to see that things change.

So, help MaHubs by supporting her to get your online results up to par post haste! This may be just a business for DaVita, but it is so much more than that for us!

Make a difference, get involved, ask for change!

Hello MaHubs,

I sent you a My DaVita message re this.

Thanks,
    Melissa

I have replied extensively to Melissa's private message.

Meanwhile, I urge all of you to speak up. The lab reports we see here are not timely and they are incomplete. Our nurse has results now that are still not available here. And which affect medication and diet and treatment. IMHO, if DaVita offers information, then supposedly we are to be able to rely on it.

My husband has more serious problems that our doctors have ever seen in one patient. My hands are FULL. Dialysis is only ONE of his problems. BUT it occupies almost all of my time. The Baxter truck driver came today. I was told last week that he would pick up obsolete supplies today. But there was no order. So he had to spend 10 minutes on the phone to get approval to take what I had put aside for him. AND I had to make sure the boxes were taped shut, even though we were told they would be tossed into the trash as soon as they arrived. I spent over an hour arranging for this to happen, an hour getting it all ready, and half an hour getting it out the door today. Guess who is at the bottom of my list today. Baxter. Doesn't DaVita CARE about how poorly the system works?

Don't bother asking me in the future how I feel. Let's cut to the chase and get the system fixed.

I posted this for man in another thread, maybe it would be appropriate here as well.

http://www.change.org/

What do you mean, Ma?

Extensively... to just this one message or did you mean replied an extensive number of times, multiple times in an attempt to try and obtain help?

So sorry about what happened. Yep, that is totally unacceptable and needs quick resolve, for sure!

Oh, I forgot...... YES, everyone, please speak up! It is your right to receive decent medical treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by MaHubs View Post
    I have replied extensively to Melissa's private message.

Meanwhile, I urge all of you to speak up. The lab reports we see here are not timely and they are incomplete. Our nurse has results now that are still not available here. And which affect medication and diet and treatment. IMHO, if DaVita offers information, then supposedly we are to be able to rely on it.

My husband has more serious problems that our doctors have ever seen in one patient. My hands are FULL. Dialysis is only ONE of his problems. BUT it occupies almost all of my time. The Baxter truck driver came today. I was told last week that he would pick up obsolete supplies today. But there was no order. So he had to spend 10 minutes on the phone to get approval to take what I had put aside for him. AND I had to make sure the boxes were taped shut, even though we were told they would be tossed into the trash as soon as they arrived. I spent over an hour arranging for this to happen, an hour getting it all ready, and half an hour getting it out the door today. Guess who is at the bottom of my list today. Baxter. Doesn't DaVita CARE about how poorly the system works?

Don't bother asking me in the future how I feel. Let's cut to the chase and get the system fixed.
    Last edited by IHaveFaith; 08-10-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add comment