Subscribe to this Thread…

E.D. and nutrition

Does anyone have any info on E.D. and nutrition. I've noticed a big decline in my libido along with E.D. and my Dr. says it's normal for men on hemo dialysis. What can I eat that is safe that will Help? I read that L-arginine and zinc and horny goat weed are all good but that info was from a non-dialysis source.

Re: E.D. and nutrition

I wouldn't recomment taking any herbs or supplements without the doctors consent. A lot of that stuff is absorbed by the kidney and if you are already in kidney failure, you might be making things worse.
    Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
    Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Red face Re: E.D. and nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Does anyone have any info on E.D. and nutrition. I've noticed a big decline in my libido along with E.D. and my Dr. says it's normal for men on hemo dialysis. What can I eat that is safe that will Help? I read that L-arginine and zinc and horny goat weed are all good but that info was from a non-dialysis source.
    Hi Billy A thought MUCH FORPLAY with a glass of wine . Good luck .

Re: E.D. and nutrition

Have your testosterone level checked many men find they need bi-weekly shots to to bring this up to normal level I give my hubby a shot in the hip bi-weekly and have done so for 2 years he feels much better all over
    Diabetic oct 2011
    CKD Diagnosed 2009
    GFR range 22-33 goes up and down