Subscribe to this Thread…

Recovery from Stage 4

Hi Fellas,

has any one recovered from stage 4 , without transplant and dialysis,

is by controlling diet is there any way to recover kidney?

or transplant and dialysis is the only cure

thanks

Sandeep

Smile Re: Recovery from Stage 4

I am only recently in Stage 4 CKD. I think once you reach this point there is no reveresing it but diet can definately slow the process down. I am on a low sodium and low P diet and I have lost over 20 lbs which I am sure was mostly water weight and my bp has improved and I feel much better. I certainly want to stay off dialysis as long as possible and I think diet is going to help do that. This diet is not fun but not so bad when you get use to it.

Re: Recovery from Stage 4

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepgarg View Post
    Hi Fellas,

has any one recovered from stage 4 , without transplant and dialysis,

is by controlling diet is there any way to recover kidney?

or transplant and dialysis is the only cure

thanks

Sandeep

Sandeep,

This all depends on what caused your kidney function to fail. Many people have genetic issues while others may have taken drugs to taking too much motrin. Do you know why your kidneys failed in the first place?
    You can sometimes control the rate in which the kidney disease progresses through diet and a healthy lifestyle...
    NxStage - Since April - 06
    Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

My kidney diease was caused by diabeties. High blood surgar over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by M3Riddler View Post
    Sandeep,

This all depends on what caused your kidney function to fail. Many people have genetic issues while others may have taken drugs to taking too much motrin. Do you know why your kidneys failed in the first place?
    You can sometimes control the rate in which the kidney disease progresses through diet and a healthy lifestyle...
    My girlfriend who passed away had an open biopsy on her kidneys. They found ibuprofen the cause of her kidney failure. Her doctor in Florida did research and then did a report to the AMA on ibuprofen. The result was Advil was the number one cause of kidney failure of over the counter products in the Nation. The funny part is she never took even a whole small bottle of Ibuprofen in her life all together. I on the other hand, ate them like candy for migraines, that didn't do any good. They think between genetics, long term out of control blood pressure, and Advil, they caused my kidneys to fail.

im trying to find out the same thing my boyfriend was just diagnosed with idiopathic fsgs and is in stage four hes only thirty three yrs old and we just had a new baby.im scared to death about our future.anyway if u find anything out will u plz let me know.his grf as of yesterday was 15.ill say a prayer for u also.

Does anyone know how important exercise is to delaying dialysis? Has anyone found a direct correlation of exercise to delaying dialysis? Thank you.

kidney disease is terminal but diet., a low protein diet with amino acids can sometimes stabilize your condition and keep you trucking for a while longer. the best book from a patient's view point is "kidney patient's book by timothy p. ahlstrom. check it out!!

dear maryann, well i was 1.6 CREATININE 4 YEARS AGO. I USED TO JOG 3 MILES DAILY. NOTHING ELSE, I WAS NOT EVEN TOLD TO WATCH MY DIET. WELL I AM NOW A 3.2 CREATININE AND ABOUT 30 GFR. I STARTED READING ON THE SUBJECT AND THE BEST BOOK BY FAR IS "KIDNEY PATIENT'S BOOK BY TIMOTHY P. AHLSTROM" ADVOCATING A LOW PROTEIN DIET WITH AMINO ACIDS WHICH CAN STABILIZE KIDNEY DISEASE. (DOES NOT GET WORSE. SO I AM NOW ON A LOW PROTEIN DIET (21 TO 30 GR DAILY) AND ONLY WALK 2 MILES DAILY NOW AS I AM 70. BUT MY WALKING INCREASES BLOOD FLOW AND I FEEL LESS TIRED. II KNOW OF ANOTHER FELOW AT STAGE 4 ALSO WHO NOW JOGS, WATCHES HIS DIET AND HAS STABILIZED. WAS SUPPOSED TO GO ON DIALYSIS 1 YEAR AGO BUT HE IS ONLY 50. I'M SURE THAT A YOUNGER AGE DOES HELP.