Subscribe to this Thread…

Thread: Dental work

Dental work

I am in the prosses of trying to get on the donors list to get a new kidney, and went for a dental exam, was told that i need major work done and that if not i won't make the list, i am on social security disability and can't afford to have anything done, and have been looking for a program that could help pay for it but no luck, does anyone know of one that can help me get my teeth fixed please i really do need new teeth most of mine are dead and need replaced if you can help please let me know i am posting my cell phone number call if you can help me , thankyou.

Verlin green
    941-286-7322

p.s. I have had several offers of living donors who want to donate a kidney to me

Re: Dental work

I'm in the same, identical boat as you're in (concerning the teeth). The best thing I've found so far - besides some vague promises from someone to check with the church- is a college of dentistry. The one I speak of specifically is Baylor College of Dentistry (in Dallas, TX.), but you might see if there's something along those lines near you. They work on a sliding scale and once you get in they really take care of business.

This would seem the way to go- I have a brother-in-law who suddenly came down with cancer and they had no alternative but pull all his teeth so they could start with the chemo and radiation- leaving him with no way to eat but a feeding tube!

I left the page without taking note of your area code- anyway, bon chance -and if you come upon any good leads please share with me -

Re: Dental work

I am in the same situation myself. I did some research on the internet. I found that there are provisions in Medicare to pay for dental expenses so long as the dental work is required towards kidney or other transplantation. The dental work should be prevent infection and performed by doctor, or oral surgeons. Please investigate this option.

Definitely, good teeth grow back and they do heal. Your gums have to be healthy and your teeth have to be clean for the gum to attach to them. If your gums are receeding the only way to fix it is to see a dentist. However, it is still important to consult with a dentist if you have been experiencing rapid gum deterioration. Anyways, I wish to share if any one who wants to good dentist. " Woodvalepark Dental " an online portal where you go and find good dentist. For more you can browse us.

Thanks for sharing with us.

For those in dialysis who rely on God for comfort there is a new group called Encouragers with four members. It is a good place to write thoughts of encouragement to one another.