Subscribe to this Thread…
    mandygirl

kidney ??in canada

My name is amanda i am 28 years old. Over the last 4-5 years i would occasionally get bad pain on right side of back. Between 1-4 times a year. I didn't really worry to much as the pain would fade away. I have been taking b-12 shot for 3 years.
    Two weeks ago i started to feel ill. Sick to my stomach and very dizzy. I have never actually thrown up. I am getting more dull pain in my side.I am urinating sometimes 2 times in a hour and getting up 1-2 times in the night. Mu urine looks a little cloudy and the first pee in the morning is bubbly. I keep getting these@#$ hiccups. I have not lost any weight and my appetite is not so bad.
    After going on these sites i belived maybe it was kidney infection. I went to my dr 2 months ago for blood work as i was so so tired and worn out. He did blood work and urine and never called so i assumed it was ok.
    Is it possible that this has come on in the last two months. I know this is not medical advice just looking for opinions. I feel like a hypocondriac with all these problems and i know it sounds stupid but i feel like my dr looks at me like here she is again.
    Also embarrasing but i have discharge coming out of both nipples(when squeezed) one nipple is milky and other is green and sticky. I know i have a lot of complaints but you know when you feel something and your sure thats what the problem is.
    My bp last night was 133/72. I have never had high bp.
    Also(sorry im rambling) i have two marks on my right leg below my knee which are red/brownish. It is not a lump or no red dot signaling broken blood vessel. It is smooth like my skin but very noticable. I have had it 3 weeks. My eyes are very puffy but no puffy around hands or feet .
    So thank you for any input and suggestions and i wish all of you the best and a loving heart.
    Telling these experiences can really help and motivate.god bless

KidneyMom

Hey...

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I am 25, and in Canada too. Sounds like you have not been feeling very well, too say the least. I had a similar experience, in that I felt awful, had all of these symptoms, and every test showed nothing. At last, my doctor essentially said that there was nothing else he could/would do for me. I persisted, and two months later was diagnosed with FSGS (a form of kidney disease).

The only advice I have, is that if you are 28, you know how you usually feel. I.e., you usually know is something is not right. I would keep after the doctors, change doctor's, go to a walk-in, do waterever you have to do. Perhaps (if you are comfortable)... ask them to order a 24 hr urine (more accurate than the dip stick idea... and go from there.

Hope you get some answers soon!

Take care!
    KidneyMom

mandygirl

Red face tanks kidney mom

Well i went to a walk in on the weekend. They did a urine test and said it didn't show "much".What that means i dont know but the dr also said they are not the most reliable. I will be giving blood tuesday,26 and its not that i want it to show something but i feel like %$#@ and at least when you know then you can treat.
    Can you e-mail me or post again detailing your situation. Thanks so much for replying. Also where in canada are you. I am in whitby, ontario just 10-15 minutes outside toronto. I wish you all the best and pain free.

KidneyMom

Mandygirl...

Hi Mandygirl...

I know (literally) how frustrating the diagnostic stages can be, but truly, hopefully it is something much less serious than kidney disease.

About my circumstances... I have been on dialysis since Dec 28, 2004... (a little under 9 months). My kidneys stopped working 8 days after delivering a baby (the joy of my life!) last December... I found out on Christmas day that I was in end-stage renal failure. I tried different medication therapies unsuccessfully. The pregnancy was obviously very straining on my kidneys. That being said, apparently the success of prednisone (and other drugs) is quite good (in delaying progression of the disease) if you are in fact diagnosed with something - I was not so lucky unfortunately. The disease I have, is FSGS (Focal Segmental Glomar Sclerosis).

I do dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours in Hamilton. I live about 40 minutes from there, so we are not far at all.

Have you heard about your blood work yesterday?

Let me know. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Take care for now. Talk to you soon.

Kidney Mom

DennisToronto

Bowmanville here, Joined today on behalf of my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by mandygirl
    Well i went to a walk in on the weekend. They did a urine test and said it didn't show "much".What that means i dont know but the dr also said they are not the most reliable. I will be giving blood tuesday,26 and its not that i want it to show something but i feel like %$#@ and at least when you know then you can treat.
    Can you e-mail me or post again detailing your situation. Thanks so much for replying. Also where in canada are you. I am in whitby, ontario just 10-15 minutes outside toronto. I wish you all the best and pain free.

New to Dialysis Form. Living in Bowmanville. I posted quite a long post, please read. My long in is Dennis Toronto. My wife attends the renal clinic in Whitby ever 3 months.

lessalittle

Question Fsgs

Hello,I am new to DaVita and have found so many answers to my questions.I am in stage 3 of FSGS(focal segmental glomerulsclerosis) I was having many problems with my diet.I have already had enough problems for a lifetime.When my neph found the kidney trouble I was facing a triple bypass and brain surgery.These two surgery's were nothing compared to the kidney disease.I have to continue to live with it every day.
    Does anyone else have trouble staying on their diet?
    lessalittle

KidneyMom

So true...

the diet is definetly a challenge. When anybody asks me what the hardest part about all of this experience has been, I say hands down, adjusting to the diet. Dialysis is a piece of cake (no pun intended), compared to the diet.

At the end of the day though, I am very adherent to the diet, as high potassium/phosphorus can cause many additional problems that I am not prepared to deal with prematurely (bone disease/heart trouble etc).

Perhaps you should speak with a dietician to see if they can't help you make some positive changes in your diet.

Hang in there!

KidneyMom in Canada

clangberg

Fsgs

Hello,

I am 28. I live in Paradise, CA. I was diagnosed with FSGS in 2002. So was my little brother.

I was wondering if anyone else out there knows anyone who has FSGS? If you do can you please email me? Bruce@ParadiseKidneyFoundation.org

Sincerely,

Bruce
    http://paradisekidneyfoundation.org/