Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Chinese Food Recipes

just wondering where to get sodium free bouillon? And also does the sodium free bouillon have a salt substituite in it,cuz I always think red flag high potassium?
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Jen,

Herbox carries a "sodium free boullion" yet it has potassium.
    Best bet to use fresh or dried herbs for flavoring.

Herb-Ox® beef granulated sodium free
    Nutritional Information
    Serving Size: 3.5g
    Calories: 10
    Total Fat: 0g
    Saturated Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol:0mg
    Sodium: 0mg
    Total Carbs: 2g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 1g
    Protein: 0g
    Ingredients: with Other Natural Flavors Ingredients: Sugar, Potassium Chloride, Onion Powder, Maltodextrin, Monoammonium Glutamate, Gelatin, Beef Fat, Autolyzed Yeast, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent), Caramel Color, Spice, Disodium Inosinate** and Disodium Guanylate, Dextrose, Flavoring.

**Disodium inosinate is used as a flavor enhancer in synergy with monosodium glutamate (MSG) to provide the umami taste. It is often added to foods in conjunction with disodium guanylate; the combination is known as disodium 5'-ribonucleotides.
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Nice post. You can get many more health recipes from accidentalhealthnut.com/quinoa-kale-spinach-salad/. Hope these will help you a lot for cooking best recipes and have a delicious dishes.

Smile Re: Chinese Food Recipes

Hi I am diabetic and I love Chinese Food also. Everyone talks about rice either fried or steamed being ok but it really raises my blood surgar. Does anyone else have this problam?

Hi Zizzer,
    Yep...all starches will raise blood sugar because of the carbs. I've learned that portion control is a must. No more than 1/2 cup rice for diabetics is recommended. We with kidney disease should only have white rice, fried or otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Ladydanvile - 4th stage kidney disease

Exclamation daily requirement of protein, phorous, and pottasium

What is the correct daily requirement of protein, phororous, and pottasium does one need to maintain a healty kidney friendly diet? I am so confused about that because I am losing weight. I weight 128 pounds and I am 5ft 8.5inches. Thank you

Re: daily requirement of protein, phorous, and pottasium

Hi Hazelhearty,

I think you need to speak with your neph and get an appointment with a renal dietician. How much protein, phosphorous and potassium required would be correlated with your lab numbers and your GFR.

Once they give you some numbers you can use the davita tools area to figure out a great diet for yourself that will maintain good weight and lab numbers.

Good luck!
    Ladydanville - 4th Stage Kidney Disease - GFR 27

I have been an enthusiast for Chinese food, and i love to eat Chinese noddles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12