Subscribe to this Thread…

Thread: Dry Kidneys

Dry Kidneys

I need information about my father in law,his doctor has been checking his blood work for the last couple months,and he told him this week his kidneys were a little dry.He took him off his diuretics a couple weeks ago and told him to drink plenty of water,when he redid his blood work the results were not what the doctor wanted to see.I have no #'s of his blood work as my father in law is very secretive about things,the doctor made him an appointment in 2 weeks with a Nephrology Doctor,has anyone ever heard the term dry kidneys and what does this mean?

Re: Dry Kidneys

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman View Post
    I need information about my father in law,his doctor has been checking his blood work for the last couple months,and he told him this week his kidneys were a little dry.He took him off his diuretics a couple weeks ago and told him to drink plenty of water,when he redid his blood work the results were not what the doctor wanted to see.I have no #'s of his blood work as my father in law is very secretive about things,the doctor made him an appointment in 2 weeks with a Nephrology Doctor,has anyone ever heard the term dry kidneys and what does this mean?
    If I'm not mistaken what the dr meant was that your FIL was dehydrated. When we're dehydrated our creatinine is higher, I think that's the reason he repeated the labs to see if that's what the prob was.

My aunt has a semilar prob. Only her Dr never used the term "Dry kidneys" he did however told her to drink plenty and took her off her lasix (diuretic).
    When the test was repeated, her levels had gone back to where they have been.
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!