Subscribe to this Thread…

ringing ears /spilling protein??

I am just curious I know I read somewhere something about the connection-but I have been having alot of loud ringing in the ears what does that mean??

Re: ringing ears /spilling protein??

Quote Originally Posted by jenjen76 View Post
    I am just curious I know I read somewhere something about the connection-but I have been having alot of loud ringing in the ears what does that mean??
    Hi Jen - I have the same issue. I think it is the body's method of letting us know it does not like what is going on with the filtration system (haha). Anyway, I have also read that there can be a connection with the inner ears - in fact some kidney diseases (usually genetic in origin) can contribute to deafness and ears ringing. The kidney is connected to just about every bodily system - scary but true. I also know that mine typically gets less after a nights rest and worse after a full day at work.
    Goldminer
    CKD-Stage 2
    non-diabetic, controlled HBP
    GFR-65, Diagnosed August, 2010

I believe there can be many causes for ringing in the ears. Years ago I had this problem along with vertigo. After testing at the UW it was determined there was a inner ear problem. I notice now that when my bp runs high I can hear my heartbeat and sometimes a steady tone in my ears. Stress plays a major role. It's always more noticable at night when I lay down.
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

I have a genetic disorder, Alports Syndrome(confirmed by kidney biopsy), and it can lead to hearing loss (which has already began). There is a tone/ringing in my ears 24/7 and it never subsides. I've gotten used to it over the past few months, but now I'm just extra careful of how loud sounds are around me so I can at least attempt to be as nice to the hearing I have left.

It's not the end of the world if you start losing your hearing. It will, however, instill a sense of appreciation for everything you hear around you.

Do you have a diagnosis for your CKD?
    Diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in 2004.
    Began PD on February 21st, 2011.
    On Transplant List since June 2010.

My CKD diagnosis is Nephropathy, secondary to diabetes.

In 2005 43.8% of renal failure patients were diabetics.
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfDialysis View Post
    I have a genetic disorder, Alports Syndrome(confirmed by kidney biopsy), and it can lead to hearing loss (which has already began). There is a tone/ringing in my ears 24/7 and it never subsides. I've gotten used to it over the past few months, but now I'm just extra careful of how loud sounds are around me so I can at least attempt to be as nice to the hearing I have left.

It's not the end of the world if you start losing your hearing. It will, however, instill a sense of appreciation for everything you hear around you.

Do you have a diagnosis for your CKD?
    House of D:

My diagnosis was basically not known although a mild increase in blood pressure and a required three colonoscopies in a row with fleet enema (phospho solution) about 4 years ago, probably did not help the situation. Need to be very careful now with any kind of prescription or non-prescription drugs. I don't spill protein but definitely have had a noticeable loss of urine production. Hope you are hanging in there and enjoying life in the "new normal". Take care and keep up the good fight.............Hope your transplant is coming soon. Goldminer
    Goldminer
    CKD-Stage 2
    non-diabetic, controlled HBP
    GFR-65, Diagnosed August, 2010