Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    im new in need of some support.

    Hello,im emma im 30 with two wonderful children emily 4 and olivia 18m,im married to sean who is my rock,i was healthy till i had my second daughter,i had +protine in my waters then when i had her they had to remove my placenter but som was left in and i got blood posioning which resulted in my kidneys shutting down.
    i was on dyalsis but its now controled with tablets im really scared of going back on it though i was in hospital for 6 weeks and have suffered depression because of this and not having my daughter,
    does any one else have young children?
    thank you emma xx

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    454

    Re: im new in need of some support.

    Hi, Emma I am a 34 yr.old mom of 2 boys 13 and 10 and married to a man that is my rock.I have stage 3 ckd non diabetic-no high b/p -mine is due to a birthdefect wich was never caught until I was 8 yrs old but due to all the scarring I spill protein in the urine and always have but was just diagnosed in Aug.of this yr. It has been a huge adjustment but we are coping-This is the best place you could have came there is other young moms on here too and can really give you the support you need -I dont know if you have ckd or what stage your at but if I can help in anyway just letme know-take care

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    30

    Re: im new in need of some support.

    I have one child that will be 12 next month - i do not know if you mean young kids like newborn to 10 years old. But as jenjen said - this is a great place to come and get support and get answers to things that you may not understand. Glad you are here.
    CKD-Stage 3 - non-diabetic - no high blood pressure- hypoparathyroidism)take large amounts of calcium and it damages kidneys) and hypothyroid

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: im new in need of some support.

    hello, thankyou for your replys,i mean any age chilren really dont suppose the age matters there still your babys xxx
    im not sure what stage im at i have 20% of each kidney working no high blood pressure and im conrolled with ramaprill and sinvastatin(not sure if i have spelt this right!!!)
    cheers emma xxxxxx

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    202

    Re: im new in need of some support.

    Hi,
    Welcome to the site!. I am a 31 year old mom with 3 sons, 4, 6 and 10. It can be tough to manage all the activities and dialysis. But family and friends can help. Carpooling to activities, freezing dinners ahead, throwing dinner in the crock pot on dialysis days...
    Never forget, you can always come here to vent. save your family from that! If you live in Illinois or Virginia, I can suggest a support group for you and your family!

    in center hemo dialysis since May 2009
    Sudden ESRD - non diabetic (but have 2 at home)
    turned down for list "lack of support" WHAT!!! starting over at different transplant center)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    484

    Smile Re: im new in need of some support.

    Quote Originally Posted by OkieCowgirl79 View Post
    Hi,
    Welcome to the site!. I am a 31 year old mom with 3 sons, 4, 6 and 10. It can be tough to manage all the activities and dialysis. But family and friends can help. Carpooling to activities, freezing dinners ahead, throwing dinner in the crock pot on dialysis days...
    Never forget, you can always come here to vent. save your family from that! If you live in Illinois or Virginia, I can suggest a support group for you and your family!
    hi emma, first welcome to the forum, you will find many of us, that could have a simiar situation like yours, but my saga with dialysis in the beginning, starting way back in 1990, when i was diagnosed with ESRD, without any knowledge of early stages of CKD, i was only told that i have to have an access for hemo real soon to undergo dialysis, and of course, during that time, i was raising my toddler daughter as a single parent, and by the Grace of God, all that my daughter has witness with my ordeal with dialysis, and it is way too much to go into on this post, but it was very devastating for me, today, I feel truly blessed to have dialysis as my life sustain way of surviving, but what i can say, is my daughter is now a very healthy, young lady in her junior year of pre-med school to someday in the future to become a vascular surgeon, mainly because of me, that is why she took an interest in this field. She was born 23 years ago, by c-section, because of my development of pre clampsia, and she was delivered a little under six months of my pregnancy, 1 lb. 10 oz. and she is simply amazing, she is the reason, i have been able to stay grounded with all that i have endured all this years. Yes, dialysis is a blessing, and i know many of us desire a transplant, but we all know there is a stigma of a waiting period on a cadaver list, if we don't have a love one, friend or colleague donate a kidney to us. I must admit, after being on dialysis for over two decades, yes, i too, would like a shot at a second transplant, if it is God's will. Just wanted to share this with you, emma, i wish you all the best, and don't fret! it isn't the end of the world, even if you have to undergo dialysis from the development of ESRD. Just think about all the advancements that have been made, where the dialysis world is concerned, even since my 1990 time, there have been many advancements. People like myself, are living a long and productive life with dialysis. Share a great deal of this in my 2nd book in more detail - My Twenty Year Journey with PKD in the Dialysis World.
    Glo

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    484

    Smile Re: im new in need of some support.

    Quote Originally Posted by emma bailey View Post
    Hello,im emma im 30 with two wonderful children emily 4 and olivia 18m,im married to sean who is my rock,i was healthy till i had my second daughter,i had +protine in my waters then when i had her they had to remove my placenter but som was left in and i got blood posioning which resulted in my kidneys shutting down.
    i was on dyalsis but its now controled with tablets im really scared of going back on it though i was in hospital for 6 weeks and have suffered depression because of this and not having my daughter,
    does any one else have young children?
    thank you emma xx
    emma, how are you coming along, i hope things have gotten a little more easier, and you have gotten comfortable with dialysis. hit me up anytime with your concerns, i would be more than happy to share my experience and knowledge with you.
    Glo

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: im new in need of some support.

    I just wanted to say hi, hoping this is where I'm supposed to do this. My name is shawna and I just started dialysis Oct 6th of this year, I'm 39 yrs old and a type 1 diabetic. If this is the wrong place to put this just let me know, thanks

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Re: im new in need of some support.

    Hi Emma,

    Our stories are so similar that I had to post in reply. I too was healthy until the birth of my third child Max (who is also now 18 months old) , they say they don't know why or how it happened, but I developed sepsis after the birth and lost my kidney function. I also lost liver function but that has now fully recovered. I was on dialysis whilst in hospital but my kidneys had recovered enough by the time I left for me to not be on it anymore.

    They thought I would fully recover kidney function, but I had a biopsy last year and they say my kidneys are 85% damaged, they've given me 5-10 years before I'm on dialysis, but I'm determined to beat their predictions. I'm trying to eat less protien and exercise, as these are the only things that I've found might make a difference.

    So at the moment my eGFR is 25%, I know that it's horrible to have so much bad in common, but I had to get in touch when I read your message.

    Katy

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    484

    Smile Re: im new in need of some support.

    Quote Originally Posted by katy1 View Post
    Hi Emma,

    Our stories are so similar that I had to post in reply. I too was healthy until the birth of my third child Max (who is also now 18 months old) , they say they don't know why or how it happened, but I developed sepsis after the birth and lost my kidney function. I also lost liver function but that has now fully recovered. I was on dialysis whilst in hospital but my kidneys had recovered enough by the time I left for me to not be on it anymore.

    They thought I would fully recover kidney function, but I had a biopsy last year and they say my kidneys are 85% damaged, they've given me 5-10 years before I'm on dialysis, but I'm determined to beat their predictions. I'm trying to eat less protien and exercise, as these are the only things that I've found might make a difference.

    So at the moment my eGFR is 25%, I know that it's horrible to have so much bad in common, but I had to get in touch when I read your message.

    Katy
    Also, wanted to add katy, that if you want to prolong dialysis for as long as you possibility can, it is a known fact that, pain killers, can further progress the development of CKD, just wanted to share that with you, just in case, you weren't aware of this.
    All the best to you,
    Glo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •