Subscribe to this Thread…

Post High Triglycerides

I have been on dialysis treatments for almost 7 years and my labs have always been excellent but just recently I have found out that my triglycerides is very high. Of course as you can imagine I have been looking for a means to reduce this problem and that means I want to pursue this by way of a diet but find recipes has not been that easy, does anyone have any suggestion that might point me in the right direction?
    usmc_poet = Ron Wicker, retired from U.S. Marine Corps, work full time in the Security Field. Have website with life history My Web Site . Look forward to corresponding with other patients or associated individuals.

Re: High Triglycerides

Hi Ron, My triglyceride levels went down pretty quicky by being on a lower fat diet. I did not drastically change my diet, but became more aware of the fats. I'm not on dialysis so I'm not sure what diet might be right for you. Do you also have high cholesteral? They sometimes go hand in hand. For me, diet is always preferable to meds.

Good luck and take care, Toni
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Yes I had heard that they go hand and hand but my cholesterol is pretty good, my only condern was the triglycerides level and it was in the high area.

Thanks for the reply.
    Ron
    usmc_poet = Ron Wicker, retired from U.S. Marine Corps, work full time in the Security Field. Have website with life history My Web Site . Look forward to corresponding with other patients or associated individuals.

When you consume more calories than your burning, those extra calories turn into fats that raise the triglycerides. So cutting back on calories and getting exercise, is important. But I do stress that even though this works for me, I am at stage 3. You may need the help of a dietician to meet your individual needs.

Toni
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Smile Re: High Triglycerides

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_poet View Post
    I have been on dialysis treatments for almost 7 years and my labs have always been excellent but just recently I have found out that my triglycerides is very high. Of course as you can imagine I have been looking for a means to reduce this problem and that means I want to pursue this by way of a diet but find recipes has not been that easy, does anyone have any suggestion that might point me in the right direction?
    HI Ron, I sent you a message on your website. I hope to hear from you real soon. You can also email me, if you prefer. O.K.

Glo,
    20 years of dialysis history
    10 - hemo
    and now in my 10th year of PD
    One transplant - 1993 for four months

Thanks for visiting my website, visitors are always welcome and any feedback is nice to receive.

I have been searching for recipes to meet my needs of a low fat and sugar diet, a number of them looking promising along with recipes I have found that I can adjust to meet my new needs. Since I do most of the cooking ajustments to the recipes should not be a problem.

Re: High Triglycerides FYI
    your level will increase if you consume alcohol , not just fats. bummer
    CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
    since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
    kidney function improved after 2 years
    presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
    diabetic, not on insulin