Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Kidney Status, Signature

Hi All, I am bringing this post back to remind people how helpful it is to add your current kidney status in your signature. We have new members who are active on the site but viewers don't know their current condition without going into their profile and reading their initial posts.
    Thanks!
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

was reading I am blesseds post on how to add it I finally did ...I hope lolol!!!
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

woohoo its there thanks!!!!
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Okay, this just gets better and better.

Not only is it next to impossible to post anything to the forum (except when I hold my mouth just right!), it appears that I'm not permitted to have a signature either!

I feel so low I could probably walk under a snail without even bending over...

Yep, I can even do a set of jumping jacks without touching his belly!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveFaith View Post
    Okay, this just gets better and better.

Not only is it next to impossible to post anything to the forum (except when I hold my mouth just right!), it appears that I'm not permitted to have a signature either!

I feel so low I could probably walk under a snail without even bending over...

Yep, I can even do a set of jumping jacks without touching his belly!

If you are in your member screen where it shows your personal info you can edit your signature and other info through the blue "profile" tab upper right of the screen. If you try to do it through the tab 'about me" it won't let you. It just loops you back and forth between screens. Maybe that's the problem? Good luck.
    Cathy
    Wife of kidney patient age 51
    Caregiver for husband
    In center hemodialysis 1+ years
    Recent live donor kidney transplant 09/21/10

While logged in under Control Panel, in Settings and Options, there are only the following choices:

Edit Avatar
    Edit Email/Password
    Edit Options
    Edit Ignore List

If I use the FAQ, (while logged in), any option I click on pulls up the appropriate screen except when I click on signature, which then says I am not permitted to have a signature.

I've clicked on every option in the control panel and I do not see "edit signature" or "add signature" anywhere.

Maybe some day (if I be real nice) a Moderator will reward my good behavior and change my permissions so I can have my very own signature at the bottom of my posts! And, maybe all my posts will show up right away and not be redirected to the moderator for review first! Hey, it never hurts to dream, right??

Okay,IHaveFaith Girlfriend (I hope you are a girl) , follow my instructions.

#1 Log on to your password and get to your page.

#2 Under the DaVita logo at the top, you will see the LIGHT blue task bar going across which says:
    PROFILE / FAQ / COMMUNITY / ...... ETC

#3 Click on PROFILE

#4 HOLD YOUR MOUTH JUST RIGHT

#5 You shall see a page that should have a menu going up and down on the left hand side which says:

YOUR PROFILE (WRITTEN IN BLACK)
    NETWORKING (WRITTEN IN LIGHT RED)
    SETTINGS AND OPTIONS (WRITTEN IN LIGHT RED)
    #6 Do you see a choice under "Settings and Options" which says
    "Edit Signature" ???

#7 Click on it and type in what you want your signature to read. Make sure you mention if you are diabetic, high blood pressure, or any other things along with kidney disease that might help others to relate to what you are sharing about.

#8 Smile!! )

#9 Hope this helps

#10 Happy Easter
    Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
    *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
    High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
    ~Corrie ten Boom

Question Re: Kidney Status, Signature

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveFaith View Post
    While logged in under Control Panel, in Settings and Options, there are only the following choices:

Edit Avatar
    Edit Email/Password
    Edit Options
    Edit Ignore List

If I use the FAQ, (while logged in), any option I click on pulls up the appropriate screen except when I click on signature, which then says I am not permitted to have a signature.

I've clicked on every option in the control panel and I do not see "edit signature" or "add signature" anywhere.

Maybe some day (if I be real nice) a Moderator will reward my good behavior and change my permissions so I can have my very own signature at the bottom of my posts! And, maybe all my posts will show up right away and not be redirected to the moderator for review first! Hey, it never hurts to dream, right??
    I wonder if to help with any spam issues if DaVita staff has upped the rules of how many posts you must have first before you can put in a signature. This is a typical thing to do to help deter spammers as they don't hang around and have conversations with everyone to get their post count up high enough but instead leave if they can't put in links or a signature.

Who knows? I am only guessing. I will have to email Jason of DaVita and see what he has to say about this.
    Angie
    Kidney Korner Dialysis Ethics Forum Kidney Pix Awareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
    I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011

• Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
    • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
    • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Exclamation Re: Kidney Status, Signature

Quote Originally Posted by angieskidney View Post
    I wonder if to help with any spam issues if DaVita staff has upped the rules of how many posts you must have first before you can put in a signature. This is a typical thing to do to help deter spammers as they don't hang around and have conversations with everyone to get their post count up high enough but instead leave if they can't put in links or a signature.

Who knows? I am only guessing. I will have to email Jason of DaVita and see what he has to say about this.
    Hi Angie,

You are correct. Last week we tested out extra security measures to try and deter spammers after some recent hits. We now have put in place a "wait period" before new members have the ability to create a signature, send private messages, or include links in their posts. New members will need to wait 10 days, or post 3 times to become a full member.

I apologize for the inconvenience to our new users. These spammers and bots are tough to fight, and we're doing what we can to keep our members safe. I am updating the new member email that is sent to include details of the "wait period", so we can avoid any confusion moving forward.

Thank you,
    Amir
    DaVita Interactive Team

Lots of new people signing in on this forum, and it would really be helpful to have your "signature to indicate your diagnosis (or that of your loved one). This keeps people from having to hunt up your other posts to figure out what your condition is. Your signature shows up every time you post, but you first must make your signature after you sign in with your password. Just follow directions to get there. Thanks for your consideration!!
    Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
    *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
    High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
    ~Corrie ten Boom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast