Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

I just wanted to know what the color was for kidney disease? there are now 2 of us at work with kidney disease and we were just wondering what the color was; i can't seem to find it anywhere on the www. thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "In order to be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid"
    The words of an old and wise Apache Indian.

Talking Re: bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

http://www.awarenessdesigns.com

Green is the Kidney awareness color.....least according to THIS website!
    "a true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths.,feels your fears but forrtifies your faith,sees your anxieties but frees your spirit & recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities"

in center hemo awaiting cath placement for home PD
    Type 2 Diabetic
    Potassium/phosphate & protein restricted
    feeling stronger every day! :-)

Arrow Re: bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

Angie
    Kidney Korner Dialysis Ethics Forum Kidney Pix Awareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
    I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011

• Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
    • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
    • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Re: bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

Green is the color for any organ donation. I'm wondering if kidney specifically is orange only because the National Kidney Foundation sells orange "Love Your Kidneys" bracelets. Just a thought...
    MGN diagnosed 1985, non-diabetic,
    NxStage home hemodialysis from Feb thru July 2011,
    Live donor (Mom) transplant on 7/11/11,

Quote Originally Posted by Iffer View Post
    Green is the color for any organ donation. I'm wondering if kidney specifically is orange only because the National Kidney Foundation sells orange "Love Your Kidneys" bracelets. Just a thought...
    I got an email from the National Kidney Foundation about hats they are now selling that say "Love Your Kidneys" and it is written in orange as well. But No that is only orange because the National Kidney Foundation's colours are Orange and Red where as in my country (Canada) the Kidney Foundation of Canada's colours or blue and white so everything here is blue.

That is the issue I am having with the Kidney Foundation of Canada with what colour stands for kidneys actually. It seems similar to when DaVita had the blue bracelets while everyone else had the green bracelets. The Blue was (is) their colour. They no longer sell them however but everyone else I talked to said kidney AND organ donation is green. But I can't convince my kidney foundation of that.

So instead I am concentrating on big red kidneys to put on things I will still wear green ribbons on my shirts and jackets
    Angie
    Kidney Korner Dialysis Ethics Forum Kidney Pix Awareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search

I would wear a bracelet that reflected CKD if it were similar to the yellow ones (Live Strong) Lance has made so popular.

Stage 3 (GFR 35) & Diabetes.

I had a kidney shaped window sticker sent to me by the NKF that is in orange and red that says "I love you with all my kidney." It's going on my Jeep!!!!!!
    Vicky

Husband, Dave, IgAN end stage
    PD dialysis since March of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    I had a kidney shaped window sticker sent to me by the NKF that is in orange and red that says "I love you with all my kidney." It's going on my Jeep!!!!!!
    In Canada we have red kidney stickers that say that I remember them from when I was a little kid. It is kinda odd to see that slogan now becoming so popular in the USA when Canada could not get the word out there lol
    Angie

Locally our green bracelets are "Donate Life" "Done Vida"

I feel like this is part of the issue. We have no one set color to represent this disease. Like breast cancer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast