Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Creatinine fluctuation

Is it normal to have some fluctuation in your creatinine levels. My labs look like this, 1.63, 1.63, 1.63, 1.47 and now 1.57.

Smile Re: Creatinine fluctuation

Quote Originally Posted by TRB View Post
    Is it normal to have some fluctuation in your creatinine levels. My labs look like this, 1.63, 1.63, 1.63, 1.47 and now 1.57.
    yes, your creatinine level can fluctuate from time to time, and that is because of the way you may be eating, and if you are on medication, if you are taking it as prescribed, but I wouldnt fret about a little fluctuation, because when I had a transplant, and when my creatinine was staying in the 2 point range, it wasn't a concern, until it started rising into the three point range. So, don't be alarm by a little fluctuation. Just thank God you are able to stay steady, and not have to worrry about the end stage renal disease for a long time. The key is to stay away from dialysis, with a proper diet and medication regiment if necessary. "Don't Let This Disease Control You "You Control The Disease" this has been my motto for a long time. And also thank God that they have come up with stages to monitor a patient and prolong them from developing the end stage renal disease, because I and others weren't fortunate to have stages to follow before we had to undergo dialysis treatment. It is a blessing that there has been great breakthrough that have come in existence in the last decade, I hope you are not worrying about a little fluctuation.
    Take Care
    Glo

Re: Creatinine fluctuation

I've been trying to get back in Stage 2 and needed to get to 1.37. So seeing the increase is frustrating to a degree. But my A1C was 6.3 down from 6.5. So I'm doing better on that area. I'm still trying to eat right which I do for the most part. My issue is being hungry and eating too much of even the right stuff. I have either done a road ride or mountain ride 3 times a week and doing pretty good in that area. Blood pressure is still not where I want it at 150/80 most of the time. After riding it's more where I want it 130/70.

My neph told me that it is normal for our creatinine to fluctuate a little bit, and mine seems to do that! I would like to try to go from a stage 4 to a stage 3 and I'm having a hard time. I don't eat very well on this diet and I seem to be hungry a lot too. I am very scared that our diet might cause other health problems.
    ~ddarling~

Cool Re: Creatinine fluctuation

Quote Originally Posted by ddarling View Post
    I am very scared that our diet might cause other health problems.
    What concerns are you having? As long as you have the correct proper protein! I think the diet should be healthy overall.

What are the proper types of protein to eat

Isn't protein just one of the things that is harming our kidneys since it cannot properly filter it - especially animal protein? I know we need some, but I really don't know how much is too little or how much is too much. There are just too many healthy foods that are now not good for us....I get so frustrated, and at times discouraged. I'm hungry a lot and I don't want to eat the same, minimal boring stuff every day.
    ~ddarling~

Yes, what I understand, ddarling, is protein is hard for the kidneys to process, therefore we have to choose our proteins wisely. Anything animal is going to be more of a challenge.

I feel for you in that you are having a boring time with your meals, and still being hungry. I don't know if my stage 4 has anything to do with it, but being told that I'm close to stage 5 has set my heart to be determined to be satisfied with any and all things I can eat--all in an effort to save what function I have. Through a lot of research, I'm finding more and more things to eat. I've lost close to 30 lbs in 13 weeks (and have another 20 more to lose) but I certainly am not typically hungry after mealtime. Before mealtime, though, I am really looking forward to eating! It is a task to keep a mental track of sodium, potassium and phosphorus~not going over the limit.

I've learned to love salads! Since slaw is legal, that's what I use for my dressing. I add all the legal--onion, celery, grated carrot, radish, green pepper, etc, and then will cut up apple into small bits. The apple adds a lot of flavor to the salad!

Tonights supper was a lean pork chop (3 oz), steamed cabbage, green beans, slaw, applesauce. It was filling--or water saturating--not sure which. I think eventually I will be able to do without meat at mealtime, but for now what amount I do eat is way yonder less than what I use to eat. At least I feel with the meat, I am getting iron that I need. Breakfast is normally always Cream of Wheat--no sugar, no milk, just plain, 2 oz of 100% grape juice (8 oz is 100 % daily requirement for potassium), and sometimes a half piece of white or wheat bread toasted. Breakfast tides me over until 11:30. Lunch is normally a salad, 1/2 apple, sometimes a small veggie burger from Burger King, or a small portion of leftovers from the night before. Dinner preparation is getting easier and easier, but my poor husband misses having our meals revolve around potatoes--mashed, boiled, baked, restuffed, and fried. (Tennessee boys think they need their potatoes, lol.) Now our meals revolve around cooked carrots and steamed cabbage. Our blood is probably getting thin! Our supper meats include chicken drum sticks, 94% ground beef steaks, very lean pork, broiled fish--just smaller portions versus that which we had indulged ourselves in for so many years. Change is good no matter what. How thankful I am not to be diabetic!! Sometimes during the day I allow myself at least 100 calories of something sweet.

Ddarling, what kinds of things to you eat. Maybe together, we can come up with more choices of foods if we just share what legal things we eat.
    Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
    *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
    High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
    ~Corrie ten Boom

Hello Blessed ~ I will try to PM you sometime soon. Thanks for the offer. I am also stage 4 (would love to try to even get to stage 3 if that's at all possible).
    ~ddarling~

Look I wouldn't be concerned about trying to get from stage 4 to stage three or any other stage. All you will achieve is an illusion, the diet is not going to repair any damage that has been done. The primary focus should be to prevent any further damage and controlling your diet can assist in that endevour. Remember for the most part CKD is a progressive illness and in general the best you can hope for is to slow that progess down to a crawl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast