Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Shay

Things to do while on dialysis

Well I was thinking of getting a portable DVD and waching some movies while I am on the machine. Even listening to a CD player, or a lab top, thats if its in your budget. Hey just a few suggestion. I am going to start doing my reading while in treatement. Well thats thats for now. Take care all and have a bless day.

Shay

kidneykid

Lots of things to do on dialysis

Everyone at dialysis makes fun of me, because I don't walk in with my tiny dialysis bag that the company gives you....I walk in with a duffle bag that's big enough to pack for a week long stay somewhere! LOL! It's full of stuff for me to do, because sitting there for so long, I just can't do one thing to keep me occupied. I have a sketch pad, and my drawing utensils (I draw people sleeping around me, hehe) and I have a book, a solitare game, my cd player, most of my cd's. I was thinking of getting a lap top also, but need to save up for that one!

KidneyBoy
    Bah, I just ask for a 50 spot of IV benidryl and that knocks me out for most of the treatment. Otherwise I keep along my MP3 player and listen to that. I also use the headphones of my MP3 player to watch TV (we have individual TV's for each chair, but in order to get sound, you need to have headphones). We also have a DVD player in the dialysis unit, so on rare occasions, I'll bring in a DVD to watch. The good thing about that is that ANYONE can watch it at the same time with their TV's if they choose.

KidneyBoy

I think I'd be more like Shelley...I have a roll-away fold up cart full of art materials and I warned my husband that he will have to buy me a computer notebook now.
    They have me on cellcept hoping to avoid dialysis a long as possible for a better chance for a transplant.

secondwind99

Rolling cart

I,too, have a rolling cart equipped with my DVD player, headphones, fuzzy blanket, word puzzle, book, and eye mask that plays nature sounds. I just got a laptop with wireless internet, but the networks it picks up are all secure.

I've had a rough beginning. Mostly I just want to sleep. I arrive early in the morning with my small tape recorder and listen to books on tape now. I get the fistula put in next week.

drained-n-filtered
    Do not feel bad about your bag!....I go in with a big bag too.I carry :
    a pillow
    a blanket
    a cd player and many cd's
    a dvd player and several movies
    a sheet
    a bottle of water
    2 pairs of headphones
    spare batteries
    Those other folks may smirk at first....but they'll be jealous after about 2 hours!

poked2times

Wink internet and movies

I feel like I am pretty lucky as far as things to do on the machine, I have a laptop and my unit has internet access, so I never run out of things to do at the unit, but I always stop by the local Blockbuster and pick up the newest DVD to watch just in case I get bored online. I am the type of person that will not fall asleep as long as those needles are in me so I always need something to keep my mind working. I was also thinking about taking somekind of classes online, but procrastination is something I still need to work on.

dialysis_robin

Cool hi

i usually sleep the whole time because that way if i crash i don't feel it and i'm asleep. plus sleeping the whole time keeps me rested and ready fr the rest of the day that way i don't feel so worn out.
    Robin

Mialhrn

Chess & Checkers

Some patients play chess and checkers with eachother while dialyzing!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast