Subscribe to this Thread…

Glands in front of neck, right under jawline swollen. What are these?

i've noticed recently that glands on either side of my neck in the front, right under the jaw bone seem to be a bit swollen. Anyone know what these are? My next dr. appt isn't until July and I just wondered what this could be?

Re: Glands in front of neck, right under jawline swollen. What are these?

Seems it could be enlarged parathyroid glands caused by end stage renal disease. Sometimes need to be removed unless otherwise its controlled with meds,,, such as Aranesp ...

Only way to rule it out is be having checked by your Doctor. Hope its nothing serious..

Quote Originally Posted by TwinMom View Post
    i've noticed recently that glands on either side of my neck in the front, right under the jaw bone seem to be a bit swollen. Anyone know what these are? My next dr. appt isn't until July and I just wondered what this could be?

Quote Originally Posted by TwinMom View Post
    Hi Twinmom: It could be your parotid glands that excrete saliva. Try eating a small amount of something sour (pickle or lemon), they may hurt. Maybe they are inflamed for some reason or blocked. I have Stage 3 Kidney Disease from Sjogren's Syndrome. One of the major symptoms is dry mouth due to auto-antibodies attacking the parotid glands and salivary glands so I have had swelling at times. I don't know exactly where you have the swelling, but the parotid glands are at the end of the jaw on either side. There are smaller salivary glands under the jaw. Just a thought.

Warm Regards,
    Marian

Can anyone tell me if they experience a bad taste in their mouth after having dialysis.also have a swollen gland below my adam's apple no one can give me any answers at the dialysis center. Any info would be apprieciated.