Subscribe to this Thread…

Transportation to and From Dialysis

Hello,
    I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this question but I could use some suggestions.

My mother attends the Deland DaVita Centre and needs transportation to and from her treatments. I live in Canada and other siblings are a distant away as well. We desperately need information on some sort of service that helps seniors/ elderly/disabled get to necessary doctor's appointments, dialysis etc.

If there is anyone in Lake or Velousia Counties who can help me find some direction / government agency etc. who offers this service, please email me at kate984u@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Re: Transportation to and From Dialysis

Talk to the social worker at her center. There are government services in most areas that will provide transportation to dialysis sessions and the social worker will know whom to contact and how to make arrangements. If there is not a government service, the social worker will probably know of some other service that can get her back and forth.
    To the stars through difficulty!

In our area (Metro Detroit Michigan) we can have the public bus (smart) send a shuttle that will pick you up at your home and drop you off at the center for only 50cents each way. you must have Medicare though and call ahead to make arrangements.

I think that many areas have transportation arrangements like this. The social worker at your dialysis center would be the best resource for finding out what is available.
    To the stars through difficulty!