Subscribe to this Thread…

If your on Kidney Dialysis Do you still Urinate on your own

Im not sure this question is in the right place.. but a friend of mine has been on dialysis now about 3 months 3 times a week.... she didnt use the bathroom to pee... but she did for the other... but latley... she has no control of the other one.. so she is wearing diapers now and she didnt have this before plus she dont even know it comes out is this a Bad sign..... plus., all this time she has not urinated and then today she pee'd her diapers 3 times..
    wht does this mean... does it mean her kidneys are healing or not...?or is she losing control of her bowels?

Quote Originally Posted by Me_n_Sammie View Post
    Im not sure this question is in the right place.. but a friend of mine has been on dialysis now about 3 months 3 times a week.... she didnt use the bathroom to pee... but she did for the other... but latley... she has no control of the other one.. so she is wearing diapers now and she didnt have this before plus she dont even know it comes out is this a Bad sign..... plus., all this time she has not urinated and then today she pee'd her diapers 3 times..
    wht does this mean... does it mean her kidneys are healing or not...?or is she losing control of her bowels?

Its really hard to tell without her Doctor's diagnosis, but we can give you an idea what may be causing it. Below are some things you might want to research into...just keep in mind I am not saying she has any of the things posted below and would recommend further consultation with her Doctor. Only he/she can determine the exact cause. Anyway, for your researching pleasure, enjoy the links!

- Enuresis
    - Cystis

- Pyelonephritis

Cool Pee

Some people, after dialysis starts, regain their ability to pass urine as usual.

The control problem is definately not normal and should be checked by a Doctor.
    " GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY"-Dirty Harry

(fspencer@bak.rr.com)

Some people get loose bowels as a side effect of dialysis, but it is usually only in the few hours directly following the dialysis treatment. It sounds as though your friend has a more pervasive problem which should be checked out by her dr.
    To the stars through difficulty!