Subscribe to this Thread…

Patient Survey-- $50 AMEX gift card

Hello,

Our medical communications firm is conducting a study and is interested in conducting confidential telephone interviews with chronic kidney disease patients. Specifically, we are looking for patients:

With Stage 4 and 5 chronic kidney disease who have not yet started a renal replacement therapy.

With Stage 5 chronic kidney disease whose access to care began urgently via the hospital emergency room.

Or patients currently transplanted who are at risk for transplant failure.

We are offering a $50 American Express Gift Card to compensate you for 30 to 45 minutes of your time.

If you do not meet these requirements but know someone who does, please feel free to pass on our information.

We are conducting interviews Wednesday July 30th through Tuesday August 5th. If interested, please send an email to paula_moniz@millet.com with two dates/times (including time zone) when you could speak with us. Please include a phone number where we can reach you.

We will confirm a date and time shortly after hearing from you. Many thanks for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Paula Moniz

BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE | L E H M A N M I L L E T
    800 634 5315 | 617 722 6099 FAX | 617 678 8642 MOBILE
    lehmanmillet.com | Two Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02110

Survey

Hi, community. Does anyone know what this is all about? Anyone thinking of participating? Thought I would check before considering it myself. (I fit in with the criteria needed.)

Thanks everyone.

I don't know. It's been posted on other kidney sites too. I wouldn't qualify anyway.
    Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger...Neitzsche
    Flip

I sent them an email. I'll let you know what I find out, if anything. I've done lots of surveys for cash over the years. This is an unusual way of getting participants but they are looking for a very specific type person, so that might warrant this method.

I think this might be legit. However, just to be sure, don't give them any more information than your phone # and e-mail address until you ask some more questions. I am not eligible to participate, but if I were, I would be asking what company is backing this research and what the goals are, what university they may be connected with, and what the purpose of the research is. The reason I think it may be legitimate is the specific criteria they are looking for.
    To the stars through difficulty!

Survey

Thank you, everyone. I will give it a try and let you know how it turns out. (Thanks also for suggested questions to ask.)

All the best,
    Fiona

Boy, are they fast! I got my $50 gift card in the mail today with a nice little note of thanks. The survey was fun and took about 30 minutes. I fit two of the categories and they did seem eager to talk to me because of that.

The main point I felt they were looking at was how much knowledge and preparation the professionals had/were giving people on what method of dialysis to use when the time comes.

You know, I hadn't even thought about whether I had been given any choices when I entered the hospital in March with renal failure. As a matter of fact, I wasn't. It was just said you're going down for a neck cath and that was that. In my ignorance and quite sick state, I didn't even think to question them. A few days later I was simply told they were going to change the cath to one more permanent in the chest.

I told the survey folks that I have researched things myself and have made a decision as to what to do if that day comes. But no.... there's been no advice from any professionals. I'm not sure in this day and age I would expect things to be any different. I research everything myself. What does anyone else think?

I was provided with an abundance of written materials from my nephrologist to help me make a decision as to what modality to choose. I did have a lot of questions and was not entirely successful in getting them all answered until I got on the web, but I was aware of the choices available to me. Now if I had been in your situation and had to have dialysis on an emergency basis I don't know if I would have fared as well. In fact, in emergency situations, I am not sure there are any other choices but a catheter. Certainly you can change to a different modality after the emergency is over, but at the time of the emergency you pretty much are stuck (no pun intended). That is why I always advise newbies to make their decision about modality well in advance of need and to get their accesses placed so that they don't end up with dialysis on an emergency basis through a neck catheter. That is the worst of all possible dialysis worlds.
    To the stars through difficulty!

The survey was intresting and the gift card FAST

I answered all the questions concerning the ER to dialysis route. I also was not offered a choice but was informed that I was not a candidate for PD due to abdominal surgeries, AAA.
    I asked why the survey and believe that they are going to develop and offer an education product. May be wrong, but my guess.
    Was a nice half hour conversation.
    May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
    Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
    Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
    Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
    Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present