Subscribe to this Thread…
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I just got diagnonsed as a Stage 3 CKD patient. I've been a low-sodium hypertensive patient for 37 years, and have a diet Rx by a naturopathic physician I've used for decades that has worked. My first diet project is to use the Nutrition Log to analyze the typical meals I eat every day, including snacks. My breakfast and lunch meals essentially don't change and I have 3-4 favorite dinners I rotate during the week. My question about the Diet Helper is the following: "Can you essentially duplicate (copy/paste), say, a breakfast meal into each day of the week's calendar, or does each meal each day require you to reenter the foods and amounts each day from scratch? My first experience with the Diet Helper, today, is great. I love it and can't imagine how kidney patients ever got by without it. DaVita,bless you!
    Last edited by drmick3; 05-04-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: tupo

Though I can see where the Diet Helper can be helpful and informative, it leaves me confused. The dinner for today is Hamburger Steak and Baked Potato. I was under the impression that the only potatoes permitted on the renal diet had to be specially prepared by cutting in small pieces and soaked for hours to remove all the potassium and flavor. This menu includes a baked potato that is just normally baked. ?????

Hi craftd1,
    You selected the higher potassium meal plan (3,000 to 4,000 mg potassium/day). This plan works best for people who do not need to restrict potassium (PD patients, earlier stages with no potassium problems, people with chronic low potassium levels). You can click on Meal Plan Settings-> Diet Settings to reset your plan. If you select the 2000 mg potassium plan you will see a similar meal with Macaroni Salad instead of Baked Potato. Always check with your doctor or dietitian to be sure you are selecting the correct diet plan for your individual needs.

I love the DaVita Diet Helper for helping to plan meals. It does still leave a heck of a lot to be desired though. When you look at the nutrition log, it is collecting all the other information such as calories, calories from fat, etc. Are there any plans to eventually add some of these daily nutrition goals to the Diet Helper? Rarely is CKD the only issue, and a meal planner that helped with those other goals would be a tremendous help to all your fans of the Diet Helper. Currently, I have to go through the plan look at all the nutrition info - for each recipe, then start adding those up to figure out what can or cannot be on the menu for that day.

Hi tr33,
    The next set of upgrades will allow you to set your goal for calories as well.
    DaVita Dietitian Sara

Hi Sara,
    Can you please tell me what the choices at the end of each recipe are for?

eg.
    RENAL AND RENAL DIABETIC FOOD CHOICES
    2-1/2 meat, 2 starch, 2 fruit-high potassium, 1-1/2 fat
    CARBOHYDRATE CHOICES
    3-1/2

Thankyou

Kind Regards,

Trish

using get cookbook link

When I use the link to get cookbooks, I enter my user name and password (which works to enter the site) but when I hit submit the form just erases my user name and password and does not take me to the linked location. Thanks for any help. Paul

Hi Paulhand,
    I am unable to recreate the issue you are experiencing. I will send you a private message so we can do some troubleshooting and resolve the problem.
    Thanks,
    DaVita Dietitian Sara

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456