Subscribe to this Thread…

Thread: Cookie Recipes

Talking Cookie Recipes

Hello All!

My sister and I are wanting to bake cookies for all the patients in my grandmother's dialysis center and are looking for some good recipes. If possible some diabetic recipes. If anyone has any or knows of a good website please let me know. We want to do something nice for the patients during Christmas this year.

Thanks Again!

You might talk with the dietician there and get her suggestions. You are going to be limited in what you make.

Epogen Cookbook Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Not quite sugar free as there are chocolate chips in them, but these sound yummy!!!

1 C flour
    1/2 tso baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 C margerine or butter
    3 tsp liquid sugar substitute
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 egg, beaten
    1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips

sift together dry ingredients. Cream butter/margerine, add sugar substitute, vanilla and egg and blend well. Add flour mixture and stir together. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 min at 375.

serves 18. 2 cookies each serving.

Calories 99
    carbs 8
    protein 1.4
    fat 7
    sodium 98
    potassium 28
    phosphorus 19

diabetic exchanges: 1 carb/1fat

Epogen Cinnamon Crispies

1 Tbls hot water
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 1/2 Tbls sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon (I think I would use 2 tsps)
    4 6" flour tortillas
    2 Tbls margerine, melted

combine water and vanilla in small bowl, mix well. combine sugar and cinnamon in separate bowl, mix well. brush both sides of tortilla with margerine. brush both sides of tortilla with water mixture. sprinkle each side with sugar mixture.
    Place on wire rack. Bake at 400 for 6 to 7 min or until lightly browned.

serving: 1 tortilla

calories 168
    carbs 21
    protein 3
    fat 8
    sodium 83
    potassium 35
    phosphorus 26

diabetic exchanges: 1 starch/2fat

SUGAR FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1/2 c. butter
    1/2 c. natural peanut butter
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    1/3 c. sugar-free maple syrup
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 tbsp. liquid sweetener
    1 2/3 c. flour
    1/2 tsp. baking powder

Mix dry ingredients, mix all others in order listed. Combine all ingredients. Roll one teaspoonful of dough into a ball, place on greased cookie sheet, flatten with a fork dipped in flour....continue until all dough is used. Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.

Is the peanut butter okay for phosphorus? I was told to stay away from it and I'm craving it! Is this amount okay, and how many cookies can I eat?

Probably 1 or 2. The recipe doesn't say how many it yields. I'm guessing a dozen. If I'm right, there would be 2 teaspons of peanut butter in each cookie. Two teaspoons probably won't hurt you as an occasional treat, especially if you take your binders.
    To the stars through difficulty!

I usually take extra binders when I eat something that I know is high in phosphorous. My dialysis nurse said that you can't overdose on binders so take as many as you think you need during a meal or snack. Of course, don't overdo it, but I just thought I'd mention it. It seems like most patients think that high phosphorous is never allowed, but it is occasionally, as long as you take extra binders.
    Shannon
    KidneyFun // Kidney Korner // Organ donation awareness products!
    If the world didn't suck...........We'd all fall off!

My husband's renal dietician told him he could have forbidden foods like peanut butter once a month in the portion for 1 serving. Just take an extra binder. The whole thing is to keep the serving size small and not every day.

The truth is that almost anything can be eaten once in a while if you take a very small portion of it. My problem, and that of many people, is that if a forbidden food is a favorite I am not satisfied with a small portion. I have done a bit more calculation on the pb cookie recipe. If I am right saying that it yields one dozen cookies, then one cookie would have 34g of phosphorous. So one or two cookies would be OK.
    To the stars through difficulty!