Hello everyone I'm Mark from okc - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone I'm Mark from okc

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone I'm Mark from okc

I have stage 4 pkd and would like to speak to others about the nerve pain I am experiencing in my feet and hands.

Hi Mark, I don't have nerve pain, but I do have arthritis in my feet so I can empathize a little. Sorry you are experiencing such a awful side effect.

Comment

I have CKD and no feeling on the bottom of my feet. I have heard that PKD is very painful, good luck in the future.

Comment

Mark, I am also having troubles with nerve pain and my leg and feet are extremely cold upon leaving dialysis. Are you having any difficulty with cold hands and feet?

Comment

My Dr. prescribed Lyrica about 8 days ago and it really appears to be working.I actually had no pain while wearing shoes this week. Sometimes I feel like my Dr. Is not listening to me especially because I have been telling him about the pain for almost nine months. I believe the only reason he acted on this was because I had such pain in my legs that I couldn't sit down in his exam room.

Comment

I am not on dialysis. The feet actually were feeling like they were burning at night when I tried to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOK1 View Post
              I am not on dialysis. The feet actually were feeling like they were burning at night when I tried to sleep
              Does your Dr get a kickback for getting people on dialysis? Because taking Lyrica is a great way to damage your kidneys. According to the FDA anyone with any type of kidney problems should avoid taking Lyrica.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/D.../UCM152825.pdf

3rd page down the PDF article.

This drug has more side effects than a politician has lies.
              Last edited by Loganwon; 12-10-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

This is a confusing site to operate. The question I would to to ask is what percentage of renal failures is do to diabetes. The only info I have found is 2011 data that is regurgitated 2005 study. Is this secret stuff or have they stopped updating.

Comment

Originally posted by ricada46 View Post
                  This is a confusing site to operate. The question I would to to ask is what percentage of renal failures is do to diabetes. The only info I have found is 2011 data that is regurgitated 2005 study. Is this secret stuff or have they stopped updating.
                  Most of the articles I have read at numerous sites say 40-44% are due to diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOK1 View Post
                    High blood pressure and diabetes are two things that can cause burning feet. Burning feet
                    Although it can have a number of causes, a burning sensation of the feet is frequently caused by diminished circulation.

Comment

Working...
                    X