X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anita

I have been on peritoneal dialysis for three years, on transplant list. Sometimes I feel like some of my family don't understand the effect of this disease. I work and try to keep myself going. I am not the same person I was before.

Dialysis is definitely life changing. Short of actually doing dialysis, I do not think anyone can comprehend the seriousness of having this disease. Good luck in the future.

Comment

Hello Anita..Welcome to the site. I am not on dialysis as of yet. I am stage 3 but I understand what you are saying about family not really understanding. Kidney disease isn't as "advertised" as things like cancer,diabetes ect. So IMO I think people don't really understand your life is in jeopardy and dialysis is actually saving your life. I also think that forums like these come in handy to support those who need to vent and ask questions. I hope you are doing well on dialysis and stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Take care.

Comment

Hello Anita (That's my twin sister's name). You're not too far off the mark when mentioning your family's understanding of Renal Disease, but the good news is you're here and this is a great place to learn how to educate them...I will pray for their understanding and for your comfort...Welcome to the boards and Happy Holidays too.
        Originally posted by advocate16 View Post
        I have been on peritoneal dialysis for three years, on transplant list. Sometimes I feel like some of my family don't understand the effect of this disease. I work and try to keep myself going. I am not the same person I was before.

Comment

Working...
        X