Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mskvkls

Hi everyone,
    i am a 75 year old female who is not overweight, but find myself in health trouble it seems. Just got back from serving a mission for our church in Beautiful Nauvoo, Illinois. While there, i was surprised to find out that I had 75% blocked main artery in my heart and no big deal, had a stent implanted and was back to work 2 days later. I have another artery plugged (90-100% blocked left subclavian), which after we returned home decided I would pursue getting it fixed since it was driving up my blood pressure, was advised to get it fixed. Went to cardio-vascular surgeon who order a CT scan to see it if was an easy or hard to fix problem. They did a quick liter finger prick to rule out kidney disease, since they have to insert dye in your veins to to the scan. Low and behold I have kidney disease, with a GFR of 18. Where did that come from? This was Wednesday of last week and by Friday they did an ultra sound and extensive workup. My Cardio-Vascular surgeon said they usually put people on dialysis with that low a count. So I am now waiting for a report from the Kidney doctor to call Monday or Tuesday with appointment to come in to see him. What am I in for? I am hoping this is a fluke, but I think it may be wishful thinking, with two strikes against me. I also have a high platelet disease that I take chemo drug for every day for the last 15 years. Any thoughts anyone?
Working...
X