Posting for my husband That is stage IV CKD (renal onycytosis (sp) ) - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting for my husband That is stage IV CKD (renal onycytosis (sp) )

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting for my husband That is stage IV CKD (renal onycytosis (sp) )

I am the wife of a 59 year old man recently diagnosed with stage 4 CKD. We are still awaiting his firts tests with a nephrologist. (24 hour urine, and blood work).I am at a loss how to cook for him while awaiting test results. I used to enjoy cooking, now it is not so much fun. I could use some encouragement to be able to keep my husbands diet on track. I want to be able to cook with confidence and know I am not doing something to make things worse. Hubby had surgery to remove 7 tumors resulting in loss of about a third of his kidney. He has onycocytosis in both kidneys, both kidneys FULL of tumors. Surgery was August 4, 2015, so all of this is very new and very scary. I know here I will find the encouragement and help I seek to help my husband. ~Thanks!

Originally posted by pv01gap View Post
    I am the wife of a 59 year old man recently diagnosed with stage 4 CKD. We are still awaiting his firts tests with a nephrologist. (24 hour urine, and blood work).I am at a loss how to cook for him while awaiting test results. I used to enjoy cooking, now it is not so much fun. I could use some encouragement to be able to keep my husbands diet on track. I want to be able to cook with confidence and know I am not doing something to make things worse. Hubby had surgery to remove 7 tumors resulting in loss of about a third of his kidney. He has onycocytosis in both kidneys, both kidneys FULL of tumors. Surgery was August 4, 2015, so all of this is very new and very scary. I know here I will find the encouragement and help I seek to help my husband. ~Thanks!
    Hi there!I understand that it can seem quite daunting. First, see if yu can get a referral to a nutritionist. Everyone is a bit different. so they will look at his specific lab results to guide you in the right direction. From there, both THIS site and KidneyBuzz have great recipies. You can adjust my simply adding a little slt to your afterwards. Salt is typically a no no, as is phosphorous (dairy; sorry). Hoever, its VERY important that the diet plan is built around his lab results. So, start with that referral.

Comment

Working...
    X