Hello! I am a new member. - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello! I am a new member.

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! I am a new member.

Hello! Just introducing myself.

I have a family member, Age 55, who is mentally ill and due to the meds has kidney disease.

Welcome to the site.

I sorry about your family member.

Comment

HI you guys IM gerard from the Philippines hope that I can find friend here for me to chat with and tell all about my experiences I need one to talk too

Comment

Originally posted by Ginnyvita View Post
        Hello! Just introducing myself.

I have a family member, Age 55, who is mentally ill and due to the meds has kidney disease.
        I have bipolar disorder. My nephrologist told me when I was diagnosed (age 52) that I developed CKD as a result of having taken Lithium for about 5 years in the late 90's. Most people don't realize that psychiatric medications are among those which can damage the kidneys. I know your post is a little older so I hope your family member is doing okay at the moment. I hope you are, too. It's pretty traumatic for everyone concerned when these comorbidities pop up.

Comment

Help i am new at this site and I am kinda having a hard time adjusting to this diet I am on a 3% low sodium diet I can't seam to find a lot of than vs that i am used to eating is there any help for goulash and chili

Comment

Originally posted by patlongway View Post
            Help i am new at this site and I am kinda having a hard time adjusting to this diet I am on a 3% low sodium diet I can't seam to find a lot of than vs that i am used to eating is there any help for goulash and chili

Hi patlongway, welcome to myDaVita! You could give the DaVita Diet Helper a try: http://bit.ly/2hLeEZz. It can help you plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to your nutritional goals, like your daily sodium limit. There are some kidney-friendly recipes for chili listed here as well: https://goo.gl/jEKChd. I'd definitely encourage you to speak with your local dietitian regarding any specific diet questions as everyone's needs are different.

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!

Comment

Working...
            X