X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

I am new on the forum but not to the site. Iíve been using this site since Sept of 17 when my chemo fried my kidneys. I thought this was going to be a short term thing but it didnít work out that way. Has anyone else been doing dialysis just one day a week? I know that isnít the normal routine but thatís what Iíve been doing for a year now.

Hi Fit...not sure about dialysis as I'm not on that.

I do have a question since you only go once a week, most on here go at least 3 times a week.

How is your gfr level and do you have some functioning in your kidney? Perhaps that is why only once a week. Also do you follow a good diet?

One thing that gave me hope was a nurse told me that I can improve my kidney function with diet, exercise, reduction of stress and getting good sleep and most of all hydrated...I lost my kidney to cancer 7 years ago...so far I'm hanging in there due to strict protein intake by my renal dietitian recommendation.

Take care, ml

Comment

I go 2 times a week 3 hours 15 minutes but haven't heard of once you must have more kidney function do you urinate a lot that's why I only go 2 times a week

Comment

Working...
      X