Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am a 45 yr old stage 5 ckd patient who has been on dialysis for about a year at Davita after surviving septic shock i have recently been denied to a transplant list.im scared to death on this journey.i feel others do not understand and i dont want to die young which is all i can think about!

Originally posted by racechic_88 View Post
    i am a 45 yr old stage 5 ckd patient who has been on dialysis for about a year at Davita after surviving septic shock i have recently been denied to a transplant list.im scared to death on this journey.i feel others do not understand and i dont want to die young which is all i can think about!
    Oh my goodness!! i hate to see people feeling this way and my heart truly goes out to you.

The transplant has to be perfect for the doctors to follow through with the transplant. There might not have been a great match or maybe even signs of rejection when they tested your blood. Don't worry about these things that are outside your control.

What the heck do I do then? you ask...

Well, its time to take the power back into your hands. Focus on reducing stress. Sounds easy, but there are multiple types of stress, not just the emotional stress you're going through right now.

Nutritional stress pays a huge role in how your cells respond to toxins and function in general.

Focus on eating a clean diet. I'm sure you know by now your kidneys filter toxins from your body...well, don't give your body any toxins for the kidney to clean.

Next, focus on some type of exercise program. The more you sweat, the more toxins are removed from you body.

I know some people are rolling their eyes right now...but you know what? I know this works, because I've done it!

https://www.experiencepaleo.com/my-struggle/ I also started a blog about I and how others can star improving their lives by changing only what they put into their mouth.

I too have had kidney failure (stage 5) for over 5 years. I've been on dialysis for only 1 year - Over 4 years ago!!!!!

I see my doctor once a year and my kidney function has actually IMPROVED!! Not joking. Very slight improvements I may say, but trending in a good direction.

Please, please, take your life in your own hands. Make some sacrifices and get rid of horrible food. In the long run it is worth it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi world, I am Dom, Jack Dom, good to know you on this planet. and if you website admin allows me here I want to mention my business website.​

http://www.si3.ae/website-design/

Comment

HI racechic_88 ,I just started dialysis last week and i cant tell you how bad i feel for you. I,m 56 and when i walked into Davita for the first time i was shocked to see the amount of younger people in the chairs. However i did meet one guy about my age who said he's been doing it for ten years. He said he just came from work , he had a great attitude and always a big smile on his face. He has helped me alot and probably doesn't even know it. He said he was waiting for his friend that was coming from work and they always did dialysis together, she arrived and was very nice and very pleasant. There were however a few people that seemed miserable , I dont want to be one of them !
        I guess what im trying to say is it is going to be what we make it. One thing I have learned is diet and nutrition is everything. As far as being denied on the transplant list did they say you could work towards it? Anyway I wish you the best with all my heart !

Comment

Working...
        X