X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home hemp dialysis

Does anybody know how often and how many hours home hemo dialysis consists of-is it the same as a the center- three days for three hours

When I was on home hemo I ran 5 days a week with 2 1/2 hour treatments..in center i ran 3 1/2 hours 3 days a week.

Comment

Home hemo usually needs a family care giver to help with your treatment. Because it's very hard to stick yourself and nigh impossible to pull needles and hold your stick sights without getting blood everywhere and risk bleeding out. This requires your partner to take classes to learn all aspects of doing the procedure and after care. Even after the classes are finished someone will be in contact with you regularly. Treatment times for home hemo vary depending on your schedule. I think the main idea is that you might dialyze 5 days @ 2 hours per or run 3-3.5 3 days a week like clinic treatments. I think the goal is 10 - 10.5 hours a week (or something like that) divided up throughout the week.. More days, lees time out of the day.

Comment

Working...
      X