Need advice for vitamins with ckd - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums
Close Mobile Navigation

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice for vitamins with ckd

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for vitamins with ckd

Appreciate feedback

Sorry, I don't take any, my Dr hasn't prescribed any for me. You have to be careful with supplements when you have CKD you are best to ask your Dr before taking anting or it can throw your numbers off. Sure someone will come along who has been put on some. Iron seems to be common for anemia. What do you seem low on? What do your labs show? What is your gfr?

Comment

Ask your doctor or dietitian about Renavite. This and other vitamins are specifically designed for dialysis patients. They are not covered by Medicaid or medicare as they determine that you can buy these vitamins separately over the counter. I hope that helps and welcome to the club. Ask anything any time lots of ppl on here to help!

Comment

@sizamekky

Ask your nephrologist if you can be prescribed vitamin supplements that are dialysis friendly. My mother is prescribed Renavite as well. The reason for dialysis patients not being able to take normal OTC (over the counter) vitamin supplements is because they have too much electrolytes. If you have any questions regarding any other medications you take, it would be advised to consult with your nephrologist. You will need to know if any other medication is safe for you to take and if they do not conflict with each other.

Comment

Working...
        X