X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss

My daughter 14 (adopted) had an unexplained weight loss. Which led us to several doctors all wanting to say eating disorder. We have continually told all drs that eating disorder is not the case. Abnormal labs landed her in the hospital where eating disorder was ruled out. Finally diagnosed with stage 3 CKD and congenital renal dysphasia of both kidneys. Apparently going through puberty triggered disease. She is currently at 50% kidney function. She eats all the time. She is slowly gaining weight. But has lost a great deal of muscle mass. Her nephrologist is great, but still doesnít acknowledge weight loss as not being eating disorder. Has anyone else been in the situation where weight loss preceeded diagnosis?

If you do not mind, I am going to subscribe to this. My curiosity is piqued.

Comment

Thatís fine any info

Comment

Before diagnosis, she had stool tests for intestinal parasites. Nothing there. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yes, I did loose about 30 lbs, just started loosing for no reason. My Dad did the same thing, he had passed away from kidney failure so it started me thinking in that direction. My uncle did the same. We also felt our feet hot. I also had a very healthy appetite, but still kept loosing weight. I had , a low back ache.

Comment

Went from a size 12 to a 7. Never gained it back since I have a stricter diet.

Comment

Thanks so much for the responses.

Comment

Hi- I'm new to the group,just joined today- I just wanted to comment that yes, when I was first diagnosed(though much more advanced stage and quite a bit older than your daughter) I lost 20lbs in a matter of a few months.. weight loss is very common

Comment

Thank you. You are validating what we thought. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X