X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catrayth

My husband is a recent double-lung transplant recipient. A miracle for us but it has come with some learning strings that are quite challenging. He now has medication induced diabetes and is struggling with declining kidney function and spiking potassium levels because of the anti-rejection meds he must take. So we are doing a complete change in diet to be more heart friendly, more kidney friendly and diabetes friendly. Already appreciating the free download cookbooks, will try recipes soon!

Originally posted by Catrayth View Post
    My husband is a recent double-lung transplant recipient. A miracle for us but it has come with some learning strings that are quite challenging. He now has medication induced diabetes and is struggling with declining kidney function and spiking potassium levels because of the anti-rejection meds he must take. So we are doing a complete change in diet to be more heart friendly, more kidney friendly and diabetes friendly. Already appreciating the free download cookbooks, will try recipes soon!
    Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you'll find some delicious recipes

Comment

Welcome to the forum! My goodness, to have so many things go wrong at the same time has got to be stressful for everyone! I am so sorry about that. I don't know much about diabetes, but I am in stage 4 of kidney failure and potassium is something we are definitely not supposed to have. Also phospherus and sodium and calcium. You are going to have a real challenge creating a diet that your hubby can live with. I think there is a section in the recipes for diabetics, and of course there is a section for kidneys, now all you have to do is put the best of the two together. I wish you the best of luck with that and I will be praying for you and your hubby that things get straightened out sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
      X