I'm new to the forum - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new to the forum

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to the forum

I have stage 4 Kidney Disease. I had no idea. I did not know anything about it. I found out about it last week. This is my first post.

Hi, I am new this forum. I am a kidney transplant for the second time. I got a kidney the first time from my brother and it lasted 11 years. Now I'm back on unfortunately. Would love to chat with everyone. I also have lupus. I love animal's and am very Irish. 🇺🇸🇮🇪😺

Comment

Hello my name is gailya I have been on dialysis for 27 years and had a baby on dialysis he is 15 years old now I am here because of God's mercy and Grace and for that I am thankful I will definitely be praying for you never had a kidney transplant don't know why

Comment

I am new here. Diagnosed with Stage 3. I also have Aortic stenosis die to congenital heart defect. I feel overwhelmed at this point.

Comment

All of you new people have come to the right place. This is where the answers will be. I am so sorry for all of you just starting out with this disease. I am in stage 4 but not on dialysis yet. By following the recipes on this page I hope to stay in this stage a very long time. Just keep watching all the posts and you are bound to find someone with the same problems you are all having. And GayGay19 i'm with you when you say that God has gotten you this far; I feel the same and thank Him daily for what I have. I will never have a transplant either since there are too many other things wrong with me, but that's ok too. I can handle dialysis. Best of luck to all of you!

Comment

hola soy nueva estoy muy asustada no se que hacer o que pensar al respecto solo tengo 26 anos soy diabetica desde los 6 no se mucho sobre dialisis me entere hace menos de un mes que iba a recibir dialisis llevo semanas y cada vez que salgo de la clinica me siento mas depresiva que puedo hacer para sentirme mejor o estar bienes espero hacer amistades q me puedan apoyar en el proceso saludos

Comment

Hi I'm new to dialysis, but not to kidney transplant. I'm a repeat transplant recipient, received kidney in 2010 and never had to be on dialysis.. However, this time around I had to start going on 4 weeks ago. I'm having acceptance issues on being attached to a machine. I'm also, frustrated with the method that information is shared with me. I'm doing what I have to for now, and I'm just waiting on a list until another kidney becomes available. One day at a time I guess.

Comment

Welcome Chuckbc. Maybe you could find a different method of dialysis? One that is more suited to your needs? We all need to accept that we have this disease, but it's also up to us to make the best of a bad situation. Insist on answers from authorities if you aren't getting them. you certainly have every right to know what's going on. Good luck to you!

Comment

Hi, I am Diane and I am new here. I was diagnosed with Neuendocrine cancer of ovarian origin this past February. The chemotherapy drugs cisplatin and etoposide damaged my kidneys. and I now have Acute kidney disease (AKD) and acute tubular necrosis (ATN), I am very happy to have found this website as I have no clue what to do. I am seeing a Nephrologist as my kidney function has gone down from 70% to 29%.
                  Last edited by Dianepd; 11-10-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

That's quite a drop from 70 to 29. i am in stage 4 and my function is at 24%. My nephrologist hasn't even mentioned getting a fistula put in yet, so I guess dialysis isn't going to happen anytime soon. Follow the recipes on this website and drink lots of water and you should be ok.. Mostly just stay away from potassium, phospherus and sodium and calcium. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X