84 yrs old and living my life my way - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

84 yrs old and living my life my way

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 yrs old and living my life my way

ive always been told I look younger then I am but ive been living on dialysis for four years. and grateful for every day,not sorry for myself. we have to make the best of what we have to handle

I'm 82 and on dialysis since June. I'm grateful for it since I'm not really ready for the alternative. I count the time spent on treatment as part of my social life🤗🤗

Comment

I'm 71 almost 72 and new to kidney disease. Stage 3 is frightening but I see such positive people here and that gives me hope. I wish everyone well.🙂
      Last edited by WolfSong; 09-20-2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I feel like the youngster of the group; I'm only 70, but in stage 4 of this disease. Not on dialysis yet, but will take it in stride if that day comes. I give you all credit for having such a good outlook on things!

Comment

I mirror what cpi3per1 says but 50 here!! God bless us all!!

Comment

I just love everyone's attitude here! I'm 59 and just diagnosed as stage 3a. Although I'm hoping to prevent the progression of the disease, if it does progress, I hope I have your attitudes 19peggy33 and MitchsLaLa! Hugs to all!

Comment

Pray hope and don't worry.

Comment

Hmmm..that last post concerns me....you need to do more than pray and hope....watch your diet carefully..cut back on pain pills..do not get dehydrated! Be proactive with your health.

Comment

Hello everyone out there in dialysis world! I just want you all to know I love you and Jesus does too!! This is my first post. I'm 50 years young. I'm a nurse and have been on dialysis since 2014. It's a tough disease process, but I have found victory by learning all I can and doing all I can to help myself feel better. My relationship with Christ and my family have been essential weapons in this battle. I Hope you all find what you need to fight and have quality of life.

Comment

Im only 52 and just found out that for at least 2 years if not maybe 3 or 4 I have had CKD and my doctor never told me, or rather never explained what the GFR really was, I had to discover how important it was and how far I was gone during nursing school and Ive got alot of years I want to be able to use as a nurse once I graduate! Im at stage 3b and its overwhelming in ramifications and diet and I have only touched on it. I have researched, learned about and watched alot of videos as well as done clinicals at our dialysis unit but Im so not ready for that, just scared, angry and tired already of having to watch diet. Im a foodie!! $#^$*&%*#

Comment

19Peggy33: Thanks for the encouragement. I am 76 and diagnosed 3b about 2 years ago.

Comment

That is fantastic) You are realy great

Comment

Working...
                        X