X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caregiver

Hi - I am a caregiver for my husband who has Stage 4 kidney disease. He is not yet on dialysis. I have tried to get him to find some support groups or even a forum like this one but he will not. Frustrating......so, I decided that I can find support for myself. I am looking forward to being able to get questions answered and find the much needed emotional support I am looking for.

HI maggiecl, thanks for reaching out here. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis but it's great that you want to learn more about CKD. I think you'll enjoy these forums and find that you're able to connect with other care partners going through similar emotions as you. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions regarding the tools & resources offered through myDaVita.

Have a great rest of your week!

Comment

Hello Caregiver - I'm learning, too.

I'm a daughter with an 84 year old mother who has just been diagnosed with Stage 4. She is a unique 84 year old in that she's taken very little medication in her life and she's been fairly healthy until recently and then suddenly, she wasn't.

We haven't gotten our treatment plan yet and are waiting to see the nephrologist on March 8.

I am hitting the learning curve as hard as I can so that I can "be like Google for her" when she starts asking questions once this all sinks in.

Thanks for being here and I commend DaVita for this easy to use, yet densely informative website with charts, tools, and recipes. This is going to be a lifesaver for me and Mother's significant other (a younger fellow of 80) who will need to plan meals and help her rebound as much as possible now that we know what's wrong.

Outside of being her daughter, I admire this lady for her lively spirit, grit, and determination to live life to its fullest.

Thank you...we can learn together how to help them and us.
      Last edited by BrendaJanet; 02-17-2017, 04:41 AM. Reason: Missing content.

Comment

Hi there,
        I am pretty new here too, my hubby is in end stage kidney disease and started dialysis on Februry 2nd. It is indeed very helpful to find support among other folks who are walking this path. Hang in there, and send a note any time!
        Blessings,
        Lorrie

Comment

Originally posted by BrendaJanet View Post
          Hello Caregiver - I'm learning, too.

I'm a daughter with an 84 year old mother who has just been diagnosed with Stage 4. She is a unique 84 year old in that she's taken very little medication in her life and she's been fairly healthy until recently and then suddenly, she wasn't.

We haven't gotten our treatment plan yet and are waiting to see the nephrologist on March 8.

I am hitting the learning curve as hard as I can so that I can "be like Google for her" when she starts asking questions once this all sinks in.

Thanks for being here and I commend DaVita for this easy to use, yet densely informative website with charts, tools, and recipes. This is going to be a lifesaver for me and Mother's significant other (a younger fellow of 80) who will need to plan meals and help her rebound as much as possible now that we know what's wrong.

Outside of being her daughter, I admire this lady for her lively spirit, grit, and determination to live life to its fullest.

Thank you...we can learn together how to help them and us.

Hi Brenda, we're happy to hear that DaVita.com and myDaVita have been helpful to you in learning more about CKD. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions moving forward, especially with the tools and resources offered here. We're here to help!

Comment

Working...
          X