X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplant list

I have been doing in center dialysis for over a year started all those test to see if I was to get on transplant list.Ive been place on 2 hospital list where I live little closer.Hadnt receive a call yet could be years but UNTILL then I ll go dialysis stick to my renal diet,and take care of myself,never know when call will come

Good luck!

Comment

So, how are you doing? I just got diagnosed with CKD in July, and wow!! Trying to keep to my diet. Not on Dialysis yet. Doctor says I will be. I have not even thought about a transplant. Don't know if I want to do that. Just trying to maintain right now and whole lot of praying.

Comment

Originally posted by EatingRight54 View Post
        So, how are you doing? I just got diagnosed with CKD in July, and wow!! Trying to keep to my diet. Not on Dialysis yet. Doctor says I will be. I have not even thought about a transplant. Don't know if I want to do that. Just trying to maintain right now and whole lot of praying.

Hi EatingRight54, thank you for sharing & welcome to myDaVita! As you continue on your kidney-friendly diet and CKD journey, give the DaVita Diet Helper a try: http://bit.ly/2ae6Vi2. It's a great resource that helps you plan and track kidney-friendly meals that meet your nutritional goals and limits. I hope it helps!

Let me know if you have any questions

Comment

Husband has been officially put on the transplant list as of the first of September and I am nearing the end of my evaluation as a paired donor. The only books I can find regarding what to expect after transplant are eBooks. Anyone have any recommendations for transplant patient books?

Comment

Originally posted by DevonDahl View Post
            Husband has been officially put on the transplant list as of the first of September and I am nearing the end of my evaluation as a paired donor. The only books I can find regarding what to expect after transplant are eBooks. Anyone have any recommendations for transplant patient books?
            Hi DevonDahl - it's not a book, but there are some great articles on DaVita.com regarding transplants. Here is one if you haven't seen it already: https://www.davita.com/treatment-options/transplant.
            You could alos reach out to a local social worker to see if they suggest any books. Wishing you and your husband all the best!

Comment

I would like to send out the best of luck to you. Please do not loose hope, it may take a while for a donor to be available and for the process of transplant be commenced but just never give up and loose hope. Someone will come your way to help you out. If you worry on not getting any calls, just be patient. Keep your lines open.

Comment

Thanks know it's been while since I posted forgot I need this account. everything still same.God still in blessing business

Comment

I have been on a transplant list over four years now. I am apparently a difficult match because of high number of antibodies. However, I will not take from a living donor. I would not put someone through that to make my life easier. My children want to be tested, but since I have polycystic liver and kidney disease, they have a 50% chance of inheriting it. So I will not agree to let them be tested.

Comment

Good Luck! I have been on PD dialysis since Sept 2011 and on the list. Still no call. I have antibody issue with my blood making the match more
                    difficult. They keep telling me that I am moving up the list. No living donors available??

Comment

Working...
                    X