X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping to recipients

Hi. If you are recipient and you like kidney transplantation, tell me. Thanks

Transplanted Dec 20 2017. I am very happy with my new kidney. It came from a young friend that fell asleep in death almost 3000 miles away. It is still hard for me to fathom how his parents (also close friends) literally thought of this possibility even before a doctor or nurse asked what they might want. At the time I was unaware they even knew I was on the list. My family never spoke of it to them and when there son last came to visit we never mentioned it to him. I am now 7 months post transplant and labs are great! I personally am still challenged by all that has taken place but grateful god has turned a tragedy into something good. We have drawn even closer to the donor family all of them, aunt, uncle, cousins and grand parents. The uncle who lives here flew to the East coast and helped care for the family during the procurement and flew here to the West coast for the transplant. Adjusting to the new normal is difficult but I can say I am Very, Very Happy.

Comment

Working...
    X