X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise post-transplant

Hi there. I received the gift of life almost 3 years ago. I have been doing very well, but I find exercise a bit painful. Since my new kidney sits in my abdomen, it moves around quite a bit during almost every form of exercise. Sometimes it flips upside down when I bend over....I use stomach enforcing workout gear to help, but it does little...So, just wondering if anyone else has had this experience an if so, what do you do?

Originally posted by Bostongirl View Post
    Hi there. I received the gift of life almost 3 years ago. I have been doing very well, but I find exercise a bit painful. Since my new kidney sits in my abdomen, it moves around quite a bit during almost every form of exercise. Sometimes it flips upside down when I bend over....I use stomach enforcing workout gear to help, but it does little...So, just wondering if anyone else has had this experience an if so, what do you do?
    Hi Bostongirl, I hope you're having a nice morning! Thanks for your message and congratulations on your transplant 3 years ago! I'm sure others in these forums will be able to relate and share their experiences. I'd also recommend speaking with your local doctor to see what they would suggest.

Comment

Hi Kelsey and Boston girl
      I'm post transplant 7 years (thank God).. I definitely would speak to your doctor about that.. I had fount that after two years, I was able to do a lot of exercise, although I steer clear of anything that puts too much stress on my abdomen but other than that.. Glad to meet you both )

Comment

Working...
      X