What's the deal with all the Chinese scam websites? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with all the Chinese scam websites?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with all the Chinese scam websites?

I have no idea if this is in the right subforum or not, but has anyone else noticed this? Many seemingly legit web addresses turn out to be Chinese herbal remedy marketing scams. They match practically any search query, feed you some generic info, then conclude with a spiel on the virtue of their magic potions.

Not to mention all the kidney cleanse diets/remedies/pills...apparently, there are plenty of opportunists willing to bilk sick people of their money.

I guess this is hardly news.

.................................................. .................

On another note, it's a little difficult to research CKD because of conflicting information, even on reputable sites.

I got a Skype message from a chinese group advertising that they can get you any blood type kidney.
    dick

Comment

They make it all too easy.

Comment

Hi Lurklet! Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, like any online forum, myDaVita is not immune to spam. We do however, take immediate action when we see anything that seems like it could be spam, and delete that post and all posts started by that user. If you see anything that has not been deleted and is obviously spam, please feel free to send me a private message and we will get it taken care of right away. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
        X