Low phosphorus low sodium diet - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low phosphorus low sodium diet

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low phosphorus low sodium diet

So my dr has told me my creatine level is a 6 now , she has put me on low phosphorus low sodium diet. Does anyone know anything about this ? I'm awfully confused and want to to well but I don't know what or how much to eat . What is a good breakfast,lunch,dinner is it 3 oz of meat a day or each meal ? Any help would be great 😊

When I was diagnosed I was far beyond the stage that you are at right now. Some suggestions i would give {from both experience and understanding of the disease that I have now that I have been a dialysis patient for over 5 years} is to have 3 servings of protein, 3 oz at each meal. Remember that eggs are considered protein also. If you are a dairy eater/drinker, you will want to watch your intake of dairy. Meats, dairy, nuts and beans are high in protein. I would suggest, either asking my doctor for a phosphorus chart or you can go online to get a chart that will list foods high, medium levels and low in phosporus. I would suggest eating from more from the low side, in moderation from the medium list and very rarely from the high list if there is something on it that you absolutely feel that you can live without. Usually the chart tells you the serving size for the amounts given which is usually 1/2 cup for fruits and vegies. Davita has so many wonderful recipes, maybe basing you meal planning from renal friendly recipes may be easier when it comes to watching your phosphorus. I have never been given an amount of phosporus to eat per day. I believe that it would be very difficult because almost everything has some amount of phosphorus. If you watch your portion sizes and the foods from the chart I am sure you will be ok. You definately dont want to have your meals loaded with high phosporus foods. At some time if you were to be on dialysis, you may have to use phosphorus binders. I was on dialysis for 2 years before I need to use them. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangwytl View Post
      So my dr has told me my creatine level is a 6 now , she has put me on low phosphorus low sodium diet. Does anyone know anything about this ? I'm awfully confused and want to to well but I don't know what or how much to eat . What is a good breakfast,lunch,dinner is it 3 oz of meat a day or each meal ? Any help would be great 😊
      Hi Tangwytl, thanks for reaching out here! It's best if you speak with a local dietitian to ask any specific kidney-friendly diet questions as everyone's needs are different. Once you have some more clarification on your daily potassium, phosphorus, etc. limits - I'd suggest giving the DaVita Diet Helper a try: http://bit.ly/2ae6Vi2. It helps you plan and track kidney-friendly meals that meet your nutritional goals! Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
      X