Medication Side Effects? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medication Side Effects?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medication Side Effects?

I take Lisinopril, Cartiazam, and Calcitrol. Can any of them cause dizziness / light-headedness from rising up after bending over or standing from a sitting position? What causes this metallic taste in my mouth?

Lisinopril can cause dizziness when you rise up due to sudden Blood pressure drop. It is called Hypostatic Hypertention

Comment

I have heard that in advanced stages of kidney disease you can get a metallic taste in your mouth. I have never had it and have no side effects as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jimscott View Post
        I take Lisinopril, Cartiazam, and Calcitrol. Can any of them cause dizziness / light-headedness from rising up after bending over or standing from a sitting position? What causes this metallic taste in my mouth?
        Cardizem is the most powerful Blood pressure medicine out of three 3 you listed and it will make your blood pressure tank (get too low). Always be careful when taking Cardizem, Lisinopril can do that also but is usually too small a dose to have that effect by itself. Take the Cardizem after you have been up and moving around a few hours. Calcitrol is just a activated vitamin D supplement has little effect on blood pressure.

Comment

Lisinopril can do that, but it is most likely the Cardizem. Cardizem is what hospitals use in emergency to lower blood pressure quickly, it is a powerful drug, much more powerful than Lisinopril. Many times Lisinopril is combined with a diuretic to help lower blood pressure.

Comment

Lisinopril can cause light-headedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position. Discuss it with your doctor and ask if he can prescribe a substitute for the medicine.
            Quality Urgent Care San Antonio

Comment

Working...
            X