X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Good Morning I am a 44 year old male with ADPKD stage 2. Recently had my gall bladder removed after dealing with diverticulitis and I mentioned to my boss that I needed to remove stress from life. In order to make this happen they have asked me to get some documentation from my doctor stating this. Has anybody out there have to deal with this? I am a little worried what this could cause me any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, I usually have something that happens to me at least once a year that takes me out of work for a week or two, this is always something related to my kidneys i.e. kidney stones, kidney stone removal, UTI's, cyst rupture and so on. Just looking to see if anybody out there has a similar situation that they are going through or have gone through so I know what to expect. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hey bud sorry that i didnt read this sooner.. im a newer member. I had the same issues when i worked food service. Kidney stones landed me a hospital stay for 2 weeks once. That is their way of covering their butts. Always follow thru with it. I also have ADPKD im 26. Im on my second renal failure and lost my business over it. I know that stones are a Urine pH problem and easily avoidable in most situations .. its all on your diet.. a google search will help .. other wise they make kidney diets for dummys book lol .. Dieting and chugging spring water will help with the stones.. the uncomfortable feeling under your ribs where your GB used to be ( i too had mine out) doesnt go away.. sometimes its less noticable but just get used to it.. The sharp pinching crippling pains are usually cysts bursting or your kidneys bumping into other organs .. they are the ones you have to watch for.. driving is rough when they hit. a good stretch int he morning will go a long way too.. keep you bp in order if you can.. the rest of the nuances are manageable.. but the stress is a big one.. Swimmin in a pool helps me. hopefully this helps .. it works for me.. atleast enough that i dont want to hang a noose.. good luck

Comment

Zombie - I flucuate between Stage IV & V CDK. Yet a few years ago had a bad time with developing Kidney Stones. I finally had a Urologist prescribe Potassium Citrate or Citra-K and it helps the kidney stones from developing. I haven't had any issues in a few years because of the medicine. My CKD was not precipitated by the kidney stones yet they were definitly painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean54M View Post
        Zombie - I flucuate between Stage IV & V CDK. Yet a few years ago had a bad time with developing Kidney Stones. I finally had a Urologist prescribe Potassium Citrate or Citra-K and it helps the kidney stones from developing. I haven't had any issues in a few years because of the medicine. My CKD was not precipitated by the kidney stones yet they were definitly painful.
        Dean - if I could do it all over again under the same circumstances, I would have had the Drs put me on peritoneal dialysis long before I started dialysis. You could do treatments a few nights per week and put off having to have a transplant for years and maybe never. Peritoneal preserves your remaining kidney function for along time. Just something to think about, good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X