Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here. Got a (very) surprising diagnosis last November of CKD with my left kidney already gone. I have cut down on sodium, I only drink water (was told 6-8 glasses a day!) no NSAIDS, but I do take medicines for my migraines. I try to exercise, but hard to do all the time with daily migraines. My creatinine (1.14) is not nearly as high as some that I have seen; however, it still makes me nervous. Low blood pressure (120/70). I am grateful I found out when I did, and not when both were shot. What else can I do to lower my level? Are there any specific nutrition books I should look for?

If you are overweight, get in shape, the less body mass the less strain on the kidneys. Google natural remedies for migraines some herbs work as good as NSAIDS do. Good luck in the future.

Comment

In the FWIW department, I have a blog where I post most everything I can write pertaining to my dialysis experience. I started about 8 years ago and the first three years were at a facility I refer to as "The Center from Hell". Then I went through some period of depression that I got through successfully. After that experience, I started writing about it so other ESRD patients can benefit from my experiences from the "First Stick" to nutritional issues..

You are welcome to come visit. www.DevonTexas.com I hope you find it helpful.

Devon
      Fistula - March 2008
      Began Dialysis - August 2008
      Fistula Revision - Feb 2011

Dialysis Patient Citizens, Patient Ambassador
      NW14 ESRD Network, Patient Advisory Committee Member
      CDC Infections Control Discussion Panel Member
      National Kidney Foundation Peer-to-Peer Mentor

Blog: www.DevonTexas.com

Comment

Just recently diagnosed myself. Creatinine was at 1.8 in July and waiting for results now. Renal ultrasound shows a swollen kidney with a cyst(whatever that means). BP is under control now, had 3 ER visits for it in 6 months. Not sure what stage yet but neph thinks 3.

Comment

Hello jdifanti. I am stage 3 kidney disease. I understand how bad migraines can be. I had them most of my life. Now I only get one or two really bad ones a year and that is enough.
          Glad you found this site. Be careful and listen to your doctor. Everyone is different and each persons stage and numbers are different from the next. Sorry about your kidney disease. You will find this site helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by DevonTexas View Post
            In the FWIW department, I have a blog where I post most everything I can write pertaining to my dialysis experience. I started about 8 years ago and the first three years were at a facility I refer to as "The Center from Hell". Then I went through some period of depression that I got through successfully. After that experience, I started writing about it so other ESRD patients can benefit from my experiences from the "First Stick" to nutritional issues..

You are welcome to come visit. www.DevonTexas.com I hope you find it helpful.

Devon
            When I first got hurt I saw a psychiatrists he put me on Wellburtin, Lexapro, and zolpideem. Been using that combo for 4 years and it works great or else I would have killed myself by now.

Comment

Hello All,

I've been newly dx. I'm a diabetic for about 20yrs and high blood pressure for 2yrs. As a result I have CKD stage 3. I've been depressed, confused and this is quite overwhelming. I really do not now where to start other this website which appears to be a start.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sweettee333 View Post
                Hello All,

I've been newly dx. I'm a diabetic for about 20yrs and high blood pressure for 2yrs. As a result I have CKD stage 3. I've been depressed, confused and this is quite overwhelming. I really do not now where to start other this website which appears to be a start.

Thanks
                Hello Sweetee...Glad you found this site. There are many people on here that will give you different opinions and tell you what they have been through. You will learn more and more as you go on and start to feel more at ease. If I can help in any way feel free to message me.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for responding and giving support. This is quite difficult to wrap my head around, however I'm determined to fight and do what's needed to slow the progression. Do you have any resources I can look up and use?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Seettee333,

There are many resources for kidney disease that you can find on the net. Try to focus on sites that have a minimum of advertising and self promoting services.

Your first step is to find a Nephrologist to make a clear diagnosis based on examination and lab tests. Self diagnosis is not recommended. No need to panic. Learn about your body and kidney health.

A few that I found helpful are:
                    http://www.rsnhope.org/resources/
                    http://nkdep.nih.gov/living/faqs-for-patients.shtml
                    http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...idneys/#stages
                    http://dpcedcenter.org/patient-family-resources

Comment

Working...
                    X