X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headache

I'm starting to get a lot of headaches. Is this something that is part of stage 3 CKD?

I am wondering the same thing. I have stage 3 as well and constantly get headaches.

Comment

Headaches can be a side effect but not necessarily. Everyone is different. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water at this point. Dehydration causes headaches. Some people don't have side effects till stage four and some have effects earlier. I am stage 3 and have no effects as of yet. Some people had no know effects are where in stage 5. You could also have swelling, insomnia, nausea, dizziness, and you could also urinate more or stop urinating all together. Everyone is different.

Comment

For myself, headaches usually happened when my potassium level was too high.

Comment

Originally posted by dac0214 View Post
          Did you have headaches when you were stage 3? or did that happen on dialysis? Just wondering.

Comment

more like stage 4....

Comment

Originally posted by setfree View Post
              I'm starting to get a lot of headaches. Is this something that is part of stage 3 CKD?
              For me no. When you are on Peritoneal Dialysis you have to eat foods high in potassium, just the opposite of Hemodialysis. And you have to eat around 10 - 12 ounces of protein a day at least, again the exact opposite of Hemodialysis. Because hemo cleans your blood and peritoneal is a fluid exchange.
              Last edited by Loganwon; 12-09-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dac0214 View Post
                When I was on hemo they always told me to restrict my potassium and protein, now on peritoneal they want me to eat lots of high potassium foods and eat lots of protein. I find it strange that the diet is so different for one type of dialysis compared to the other one. The biggest draw back of peritoneal is that you have to be hooked to the machine for 8 - 9 hours for each treatment. But since I am just sleeping anyway it is not a big deal for me personally.

Comment

Headaches are a frequent occurrence in CKD stage 3. It may be due to uremic toxins , renal Anemia or high blood pressure.
                  Quality Urgent Care San Antonio

Comment

Working...
                  X