im new in need of some support. - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

im new in need of some support.

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im new in need of some support.

Hello,im emma im 30 with two wonderful children emily 4 and olivia 18m,im married to sean who is my rock,i was healthy till i had my second daughter,i had +protine in my waters then when i had her they had to remove my placenter but som was left in and i got blood posioning which resulted in my kidneys shutting down.
    i was on dyalsis but its now controled with tablets im really scared of going back on it though i was in hospital for 6 weeks and have suffered depression because of this and not having my daughter,
    does any one else have young children?
    thank you emma xx

Re: im new in need of some support.

Hi, Emma I am a 34 yr.old mom of 2 boys 13 and 10 and married to a man that is my rock.I have stage 3 ckd non diabetic-no high b/p -mine is due to a birthdefect wich was never caught until I was 8 yrs old but due to all the scarring I spill protein in the urine and always have but was just diagnosed in Aug.of this yr. It has been a huge adjustment but we are coping-This is the best place you could have came there is other young moms on here too and can really give you the support you need -I dont know if you have ckd or what stage your at but if I can help in anyway just letme know-take care
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

I have one child that will be 12 next month - i do not know if you mean young kids like newborn to 10 years old. But as jenjen said - this is a great place to come and get support and get answers to things that you may not understand. Glad you are here.
      CKD-Stage 3 - non-diabetic - no high blood pressure- hypoparathyroidism)take large amounts of calcium and it damages kidneys) and hypothyroid

Comment

hello, thankyou for your replys,i mean any age chilren really dont suppose the age matters there still your babys xxx
        im not sure what stage im at i have 20% of each kidney working no high blood pressure and im conrolled with ramaprill and sinvastatin(not sure if i have spelt this right!!!)
        cheers emma xxxxxx

Comment

Hi,
          Welcome to the site!. I am a 31 year old mom with 3 sons, 4, 6 and 10. It can be tough to manage all the activities and dialysis. But family and friends can help. Carpooling to activities, freezing dinners ahead, throwing dinner in the crock pot on dialysis days...
          Never forget, you can always come here to vent. save your family from that! If you live in Illinois or Virginia, I can suggest a support group for you and your family!

in center hemo dialysis since May 2009
          Sudden ESRD - non diabetic (but have 2 at home)
          turned down for list "lack of support" WHAT!!! starting over at different transplant center)

Comment

Originally posted by OkieCowgirl79 View Post
            Hi,
            Welcome to the site!. I am a 31 year old mom with 3 sons, 4, 6 and 10. It can be tough to manage all the activities and dialysis. But family and friends can help. Carpooling to activities, freezing dinners ahead, throwing dinner in the crock pot on dialysis days...
            Never forget, you can always come here to vent. save your family from that! If you live in Illinois or Virginia, I can suggest a support group for you and your family!
            hi emma, first welcome to the forum, you will find many of us, that could have a simiar situation like yours, but my saga with dialysis in the beginning, starting way back in 1990, when i was diagnosed with ESRD, without any knowledge of early stages of CKD, i was only told that i have to have an access for hemo real soon to undergo dialysis, and of course, during that time, i was raising my toddler daughter as a single parent, and by the Grace of God, all that my daughter has witness with my ordeal with dialysis, and it is way too much to go into on this post, but it was very devastating for me, today, I feel truly blessed to have dialysis as my life sustain way of surviving, but what i can say, is my daughter is now a very healthy, young lady in her junior year of pre-med school to someday in the future to become a vascular surgeon, mainly because of me, that is why she took an interest in this field. She was born 23 years ago, by c-section, because of my development of pre clampsia, and she was delivered a little under six months of my pregnancy, 1 lb. 10 oz. and she is simply amazing, she is the reason, i have been able to stay grounded with all that i have endured all this years. Yes, dialysis is a blessing, and i know many of us desire a transplant, but we all know there is a stigma of a waiting period on a cadaver list, if we don't have a love one, friend or colleague donate a kidney to us. I must admit, after being on dialysis for over two decades, yes, i too, would like a shot at a second transplant, if it is God's will. Just wanted to share this with you, emma, i wish you all the best, and don't fret! it isn't the end of the world, even if you have to undergo dialysis from the development of ESRD. Just think about all the advancements that have been made, where the dialysis world is concerned, even since my 1990 time, there have been many advancements. People like myself, are living a long and productive life with dialysis. Share a great deal of this in my 2nd book in more detail - My Twenty Year Journey with PKD in the Dialysis World.
            Glo

Comment

Originally posted by emma bailey View Post
              Hello,im emma im 30 with two wonderful children emily 4 and olivia 18m,im married to sean who is my rock,i was healthy till i had my second daughter,i had +protine in my waters then when i had her they had to remove my placenter but som was left in and i got blood posioning which resulted in my kidneys shutting down.
              i was on dyalsis but its now controled with tablets im really scared of going back on it though i was in hospital for 6 weeks and have suffered depression because of this and not having my daughter,
              does any one else have young children?
              thank you emma xx
              emma, how are you coming along, i hope things have gotten a little more easier, and you have gotten comfortable with dialysis. hit me up anytime with your concerns, i would be more than happy to share my experience and knowledge with you.
              Glo

Comment

I just wanted to say hi, hoping this is where I'm supposed to do this. My name is shawna and I just started dialysis Oct 6th of this year, I'm 39 yrs old and a type 1 diabetic. If this is the wrong place to put this just let me know, thanks

Comment

Hi Emma,

Our stories are so similar that I had to post in reply. I too was healthy until the birth of my third child Max (who is also now 18 months old) , they say they don't know why or how it happened, but I developed sepsis after the birth and lost my kidney function. I also lost liver function but that has now fully recovered. I was on dialysis whilst in hospital but my kidneys had recovered enough by the time I left for me to not be on it anymore.

They thought I would fully recover kidney function, but I had a biopsy last year and they say my kidneys are 85% damaged, they've given me 5-10 years before I'm on dialysis, but I'm determined to beat their predictions. I'm trying to eat less protien and exercise, as these are the only things that I've found might make a difference.

So at the moment my eGFR is 25%, I know that it's horrible to have so much bad in common, but I had to get in touch when I read your message.

Katy

Comment

Originally posted by katy1 View Post
                    Hi Emma,

Our stories are so similar that I had to post in reply. I too was healthy until the birth of my third child Max (who is also now 18 months old) , they say they don't know why or how it happened, but I developed sepsis after the birth and lost my kidney function. I also lost liver function but that has now fully recovered. I was on dialysis whilst in hospital but my kidneys had recovered enough by the time I left for me to not be on it anymore.

They thought I would fully recover kidney function, but I had a biopsy last year and they say my kidneys are 85% damaged, they've given me 5-10 years before I'm on dialysis, but I'm determined to beat their predictions. I'm trying to eat less protien and exercise, as these are the only things that I've found might make a difference.

So at the moment my eGFR is 25%, I know that it's horrible to have so much bad in common, but I had to get in touch when I read your message.

Katy
                    Also, wanted to add katy, that if you want to prolong dialysis for as long as you possibility can, it is a known fact that, pain killers, can further progress the development of CKD, just wanted to share that with you, just in case, you weren't aware of this.
                    All the best to you,
                    Glo

Comment

hi katy1,
                      Thnkyou for your message it would be good to talk to you our storys are simular im really scared about dyalsis and what affect it will have on my family my mood is very up and down at the mo i need to be more positive,the hospital has not told me how long i will have off of dyalsis !!!

would b great to keep in touch
                      take care love emma xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Shawna1612 View Post
                        I just wanted to say hi, hoping this is where I'm supposed to do this. My name is shawna and I just started dialysis Oct 6th of this year, I'm 39 yrs old and a type 1 diabetic. If this is the wrong place to put this just let me know, thanks
                        Hi Shawna, welcome to the forum! wow-type 1 diabetic, I know that's difficult :-(
                        how's the dialysis coming along? hope well. let us know
                        CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
                        since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
                        kidney function improved after 2 years
                        presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
                        diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Hi Emma,

Where abouts are you from? I'm from Nottingham, England, I know most people here are from America where things are a bit different. But I see the nephologist about every 4 months at the moment. I was hoping they would let me go 6 months but they didn't this time.

When I left hospital my kidney function was going up but then it stabilised at 21% and that is when they said they needed to do a biopsy to find out what was going on. When they had done the biopsy they told me my kidneys were 85% damaged, which was devastating as before they'd always said that they were going to get fully better it would just take a while. I think it surprised them as well that they weren't going to get any better.

It really hit me at that point what had happened. I think when I'd first got out of the hospital I had just been so greatful to be alive after everything that had happened, you think how everything is going to be so wonderful a second chance at life. And then it was really difficult getting better, took much longer physically than i was prepared for, even walking upstairs was difficult couldn't carry my son, or look after him on my own for a couple of months.

When I found out about the kidney damage it just hit me how awful it was and I was just filled with self pity and how could it happen to me. I was so dark for some time, just spent days at a time crying, think I was getting over what happened to me as well as coping with the kidney damage. I try to stay positive and think one day at a time.

The other thing that I focus on is that at the moment I'm fine, and they've given me 5-10 years till back on dialysis so this is the best it's going to get, so I have to enjoy it now as it'll only get worse! Make the most of every day feeling ok.

I still have bad days, and I really would like to have a friend who was going through the same thing as me, I try to look at people in the waiting room when I'm going for my clinic appointment to see how old they are and how ill they are!! But so far haven't been able to make any friends! I could join the local group, but I suppose that is like admitting that this is real, there is something wrong with me.
                          Anyway I've chatted on for long enough, what I wanted to say is, I don't know where you're from or what the system is like there, but I'd ask them at your next appointment how bad is it and how long do you estimate I have. I had a list of questions last time I went so that I could understand everything.

hope some of what I've said has helped
                          Katy

Comment

Originally posted by katy1 View Post
                            Hi Emma,

Where abouts are you from? I'm from Nottingham, England, I know most people here are from America where things are a bit different. But I see the nephologist about every 4 months at the moment. I was hoping they would let me go 6 months but they didn't this time.

When I left hospital my kidney function was going up but then it stabilised at 21% and that is when they said they needed to do a biopsy to find out what was going on. When they had done the biopsy they told me my kidneys were 85% damaged, which was devastating as before they'd always said that they were going to get fully better it would just take a while. I think it surprised them as well that they weren't going to get any better.

It really hit me at that point what had happened. I think when I'd first got out of the hospital I had just been so greatful to be alive after everything that had happened, you think how everything is going to be so wonderful a second chance at life. And then it was really difficult getting better, took much longer physically than i was prepared for, even walking upstairs was difficult couldn't carry my son, or look after him on my own for a couple of months.

When I found out about the kidney damage it just hit me how awful it was and I was just filled with self pity and how could it happen to me. I was so dark for some time, just spent days at a time crying, think I was getting over what happened to me as well as coping with the kidney damage. I try to stay positive and think one day at a time.

The other thing that I focus on is that at the moment I'm fine, and they've given me 5-10 years till back on dialysis so this is the best it's going to get, so I have to enjoy it now as it'll only get worse! Make the most of every day feeling ok.

I still have bad days, and I really would like to have a friend who was going through the same thing as me, I try to look at people in the waiting room when I'm going for my clinic appointment to see how old they are and how ill they are!! But so far haven't been able to make any friends! I could join the local group, but I suppose that is like admitting that this is real, there is something wrong with me.
                            Anyway I've chatted on for long enough, what I wanted to say is, I don't know where you're from or what the system is like there, but I'd ask them at your next appointment how bad is it and how long do you estimate I have. I had a list of questions last time I went so that I could understand everything.

hope some of what I've said has helped
                            Katy
                            hi katy, i left you a private message, in case you are not familiar with this feature on davita, just look under your user name and it will indicate if you have any messages pending (notifications - i believe it will display) i hope to hear from you real soon.
                            Glo

Comment

Originally posted by jenjen76 View Post
                              Hi, Emma I am a 34 yr.old mom of 2 boys 13 and 10 and married to a man that is my rock.I have stage 3 ckd non diabetic-no high b/p -mine is due to a birthdefect wich was never caught until I was 8 yrs old but due to all the scarring I spill protein in the urine and always have but was just diagnosed in Aug.of this yr. It has been a huge adjustment but we are coping-This is the best place you could have came there is other young moms on here too and can really give you the support you need -I dont know if you have ckd or what stage your at but if I can help iJ anyway just letme know-take care
                              To JenJen
                              Hi JenJen and others....I am new to this site.

Did you have a biopsy and do you know how much scarring?

Me: CKD 3, Diabeth Neph.

Comment

Working...
                              X