X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renal food choices

Can you please explain how one calculates how much -food choices one should eat daily ( some recipes say 2 meat-1/2 fruit- 2 fat ) Thanks
    Last edited by twiggy46; 11-08-2018, 05:59 PM.

Hi Twiggy...welcome, yet sorry for what brings you here...

All your food intake is dependent upon your gfr number and your bun level will determine your protein level intake. If you are in stage 1-3, you can eat most all foods...personally, when in level 3 I stopped eating beef. As for water, hydration is 'huge' to keep your kidney happy...try to build up to half your body weight, watch foods high in potassium, sodium and phosphorus.

If you are in stage three, you could ask for a referral to a ''renal'' dietitian, that's what I did...really helped me with the confusion of what to eat, and the amounts per day I could have...keep good records of your blood work, you are your best medical advocate .

Take care, ml

Comment

Hi Again Twiggy...remembered last night that I "forgot" to write about medications. If you have a bad stomach...no Prilosec or Nexium...Zantac is ok. No Motrin, Advil, Alieve, ets...Tylenol is not great, only med my dr said I could use sparingly for pain...Hope you see this!

Take care, ml

Comment

Working...
      X