X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieting

Hello I've been diagnosed with a kidney disease for 3 yrs now. I'm trying to lose weight but can't get the questions I need answered from my nephrologist. According to the GFR calculator I'm at stage 2. I never even knew there were stages until I took the kidney smart class. I wanted to do the Herbal life shakes but from the kidney class I learned that potassium and phosphorous are bad for the kidneys so I purchased it but didn't get to use it but once before I found out about those two ingredients. I want to know is there anything somebody recommends to help with dieting.

Welcome Niquelia,

I am ignorant of a lot of the shakes and studd. I am at stage 4, and what i know, i have gathered thru qhen my father went thru this. What i do, for my diet, is to eat foods made at home, mostly. And i measure everything, that part sucks but is the necessary evil. From what i have read/understand at stage 2 you can still eat more. Good luck

Comment

plant based diet, turkey egg whites fish for protein, drink 1/2 your body weight in water..oz NO processed foods

Comment

Originally posted by Niqelia View Post
        Hello I've been diagnosed with a kidney disease for 3 yrs now. I'm trying to lose weight but can't get the questions I need answered from my nephrologist. According to the GFR calculator I'm at stage 2. I never even knew there were stages until I took the kidney smart class. I wanted to do the Herbal life shakes but from the kidney class I learned that potassium and phosphorous are bad for the kidneys so I purchased it but didn't get to use it but once before I found out about those two ingredients. I want to know is there anything somebody recommends to help with dieting.

What do your kidneys do? They filter toxins.

Where do toxins come from? Environment and Food.

There's your simple answer.

Eat clean, organic, unprocessed foods. If it has a momma or came from the ground, eat it. If it no longer resembles what came from the ground, then don't eat it. If you can't pronounce anything in it, then don't eat it.

I am Stage 4-5. I was on dialysis for 1 year. I started following a Paleo Lifestyle (www.experiencepaleo.com) and have been off dialysis for over 5 years now! My GFR remains at 15 for over 5 years and I hope it will stay that way as long as I can.

Diet is HUGE!!

Comment

Hi there!!
          Me too!! I need to get a proper weight loss diet.Im at stage 2 but can't get the info from my nephrotogist either ...the office is insane. Idiots. Sorry but true.Nice people. But,I Need to get a new MD. I'm needing to lose a lot of weight. Am certain the diets I used before are not kidney friendly. I'm right there with you...any suggestions?

Comment

That's incredible news, Your story makes me hopeful for us all.To be able to reverse CKD is inspiring I 'm so happy at news about the paleo way of life. Never gave it a thought. Now I'm going to !

Comment

Originally posted by Skychick1435 View Post
              That's incredible news, Your story makes me hopeful for us all.To be able to reverse CKD is inspiring I 'm so happy at news about the paleo way of life. Never gave it a thought. Now I'm going to !

Thank you!!

Do you need any help with your health?

I am now taking on a few more Health Coaching Clients if you're interested. https://www.experiencepaleo.com/holistic-health-coach/

Comment

I found an easy way to get control of my low protein diet. There is a free program available to anyone with kidney disease at dialysismenuplanner.com. You can track how much protein you are eating each day along with other nutriments important to kidney patients.

Comment

Working...
                X