X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new help

Hey everyone im new to having kidney disease i also have lupus and im on blood transfusions and i have very high blood pressure im scared to eat or drink anything so all i do is eat fruits n veggies most of the time i dont how much food to eat i dont know how to monitor it or things i drink i dont know what to drink and how much and i dont know what i can do or what i can do im not on bed rest cause im swollen from my lupus flare and the protein Thats leaking from my kidneys so if anybody can help me out in any type of way i would really appreciate it please and thank u god bless everybody

Hi Kathy, I too felt very confused by 'everything'. Perhaps starting with your pcp, or nephrologist and asking to see a renal dietitian might put your mind at rest. Good Luck! ml

Comment

Hi Cathy,

If you read around each day most of us hungry folks will post about good things we have found to eat. They work within the frame work of healthy for your kidney. But each person also had there own food profile. If you are tested low sodium, then you can eat a little more savory/salty food. If you are not diabetic you can eat more sweet foods.If you can live with being a vegetarian then you can eat tons of vegetables and fruits. Of course pretty much no dairy, cheese, animal protein, tomatoes, potato, banana, (think low potassium, low protein, very little caffeine, low Phosphorus,) Some of us are restricted to the amount of liquids each day, some can drink lots. This knowledge apparently comes from your tests and info from nephrologist. If you have swelling, you may be limited to a certain amount of liquid each day. If no swelling, you can probably go to it with healthy clear fluids.

Welcome and i will talk to you soon.

Vicky
      PGCruiser

Comment

good morning

after a long day in the garden, my feet and finger nails were totally black. my hands were no problem. my feet on the other side of the coin were a problem. I've long know that Epsom salts are a wonderful foot soak, afterward a pedicure.
        with ckd, since Epsom salts are like a 'cure all' i wondered how the salt effects the kidney.

Ckd, as the disease progresses, magnesium deficiency occures...this is not cool!
        https://www.health.com/nutrition/magnesium-deficiency

With a healthy kidney, magnesium, calcium work together, and the kidney controls how much is expelled through urine.

""You have your kidneys to thank for this: they limit how much of the mineral is expelled through your urine. So if you’re otherwise healthy, chances are you don't have a magnesium deficiency.""
        https://www.health.com/nutrition/mag...ficiency-pills

With ckd, we loose magnesium.

My feet feel even better!! and i also have a Happier Kidney
        Take care, have a great day, ml

Epsom Salt Bath Basics

Epsom salts have been used to treat a variety of health ailments by numerous cultures for centuries. Epsom salt baths have astounding health benefits and are an excellent way to de*stress and detoxify the whole body.
        However, these salts are not just beneficial for healing the human body. *They are are useful as household cleaners and can even nourish the garden. You can find bulk Epsom salts at gardening stores almost everywhere, making them a real health bargain.
        The name Epsom salts comes from its origination of a bitter saline spring found at Epsom in Surrey, England. Unlike other naturally occurring salts, Epsom salts are formed from a pure mineral compound containing magnesium and sulfate. Both magnesium and sulfate stimulate detoxification pathways in the body.
        Epsom Salt Baths Help Prevent Magnesium Deficiency

More than 325 enzymes in our bodies require magnesium to properly function. Magnesium stimulates nerve and muscle function, limits inflammation, and improves oxygenation and blood flow through the body. Deficiencies in magnesium can cause significant damage to nerves which manifest in symptoms associated with depression.

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/bene...om-salt-baths/

Comment

Working...
        X