X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to stage2

I'm new to ckd. How should I change my diet to prolong stage 2 health?

Hi AddNauseam, that's a great question! Thanks for reaching out here. Here's an article from DaVita.com that discusses general guidelines of Stage 2 CKD: https://goo.gl/k0xOWv. I'd also recommend reaching out to a local dietitian for any specific questions as everyone's needs are different.

Have a good week

Comment

Hello, I'm relatively new to CKD, stage 2. It was discovered first back in 2015 when I went in far me annual physician. All was good with my blood work with the exception of my creatinine level was like 1.2. My PCP referred me to. nephrologist and I was monitored for 4 visits. On the last visit, he told me that he did not see me any longer because I was fine.

Now, this level is back up to 1.37. What should I expect now as far as treatment?

Comment

Hi Gfrazier. I am also new to this as of January of this year. I am at Stage 3B. There really isn't any official "treatment" at this stage except maybe diet and exercise, at least not that I know of. I did a lot of research on this and learned a lot and am still trying to learn. You need to cut down on sodium, potassium, calcium and phosphorus in order to help your kidneys stay healthy longer. Believe me, it isn't as complicated as it seems. If you start working on it now, you have an awesome head start and then you should have a lot more time with healthy kidneys. I hope that I have helped as I am still new to this as well. I did forget to mention that it would help to talk to a dietician about the best way to do your diet for your health. Have an awesome day!
        Last edited by nanax886004; 05-26-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gfrazier View Post
          Hello, I'm relatively new to CKD, stage 2. It was discovered first back in 2015 when I went in far me annual physician. All was good with my blood work with the exception of my creatinine level was like 1.2. My PCP referred me to. nephrologist and I was monitored for 4 visits. On the last visit, he told me that he did not see me any longer because I was fine.

Now, this level is back up to 1.37. What should I expect now as far as treatment?
          Hi Gfrazier, thanks for reaching out here! We'd definitely recommend you consult your local care team for any specific medical questions or best course of treatment as everyone's needs are different. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X