X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfr 46

Hi, Im Michelle, 47, from Michigan. Found out I had stage 3 ckd two months ago. My guess, from lasix abuse of 300mg a day or more, severe long term dehydration, family history and extremely high sodium and protein diet. Luckily I am symptom free, expect for fluid retention....but amazingly since Ive cut my sodium to 2-2500 mg a sodiym a day....go figure, very little swelling. Just hanging out here looking for ways to baby my beans. ..lol

Btw....still take Lasix, BUT only 40 mg once a day . My kidney doc ok this

Creatine 1.38
    Dipstick for protein ...none
    No hbp
    No diabeties
    Mother, aunt and uncle all had ESRF

How accurate are dipstick yrine test???
    My kidney doc has ran many blood test but never 24 hr urine

I was diagnosed w/mild vit d deficiency and secondary hyperparathyroid....which they say is common from ckd
    Last edited by meishere30; 03-19-2017, 06:36 AM.

Hi. I'm 48 from California. Stage 4. Unknown cause. Likely medication. Water pills and years of theophlline for breathing TROUBLE. My Gfr was 15 when I first found out. I was actually able to raise that to 40. However I have not been recently tested to know if I've risen or fallen back down (my own fault) if how I'm feeling is any indication I'd say I've fallen .welcome and although I'm New, over a year, if I can help with anything just ask. Remember your GFR can and will fluctuate. It's not set in stone. Diet, and drinking only water really helped mine rise. Although I've slid a bit lately on diet . It makes a great difference. Best wishes.

Comment

Wow....its awesome that you were able to raise it that far......hopefully its still holding. I try not to get so focused on the numbers....Im due for lab work at the end of the month and Im bracing myself if I see higher creatinine levels...although I feel fine...and thats what I like to focus on. In all honesty I usually have one cheat day a week, not too crazy though....I know for me if I restrict myself too much....I will definently end up eating poorly. I appreciate the "welcome" Ive read almost every post in these forums and some give me hope that maybe I could outlive dialysis.....and other stories terrify me. I guess one good thing is, now Im aware I have ckd....if not for a UTI, I would have went on eating poorly and doing more damage. I wish you well and keep in touch.

Michelle

Comment

Hi Michelle,
        I'm also in Michigan ... Stage 3, GFR 45, Creatinine 1.27. Still pretty new to this and see a nephrologist for the first time in July. I'm working on cutting down on protein, potassium and phosphorus - I previously ate a lot of protein because I work out and lift weights, so now I am working on cutting that down by about 25%. I feel pretty good, too - I have a family history of kidney disease and have been in the low-mid 50s for GFR for about 8 years, but haven't done anything about it until now since I'm in the mid-40s. I just wanted to say high to a fellow Michiganian! Kelly

Comment

Hey neighbor...where abouts in Michigan? Sorry I just saw yoyr reply today. We seem to be similiar in our staging....Im pretty steady at 1.38 creatinine. Feeling fine. Drastically cut my diet with protein and sodium intake, although I do have "cheat" days. Good to hear you were so steady for 8 years, makes me hope I can maintain what I have for awhile. I guess we are fortunate not to be experiencing symptoms. ....I read alot of people at this stage do. Seeing a kidney doctor is an excellent choice, hope you find a good one.....sometimes mine
          makes me wonder if Ive made the best choice.. I think he has alot of patience and little time. They havent really told me what is causing my kidney problems, my guess is extensive family history and extremely high protein/sodium diet. I always workout 3-4 times a week ...just to stay fit, nothing too strenuous . Im excited to chat more, seems are stories are similiar and we are both from "the mitten". Take care.
          Michelle
          Last edited by meishere30; 05-10-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X